1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mlife desk - what can they do?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by willywilkes, Nov 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. willywilkes

willywilkes Low-Roller

Just curious as to what the mlife desk can (or typically will) take care of for backend comps vs going to the host on duty. I am a very small player and lucky to get a resort fee taken off, but want to know if they can do meals that were charged to the room, or if the desk will only apply ECs and maybe waive a resort fee.

2. VegasSchemer

VegasSchemer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know what the biggest things are they can do. In my experience with them, they deny the existence of primary/discretionary comps and I have to specifiy, "can I get x without touching my express comps?" One time I asked what I could get and the guy wrote me an $80 comp slip for a restaurant and then saw all my ECs were nearly gone. Went back and explained what I wanted and he reversed the charged and gave me $40 to eat with. I hate that these guys know how to do more for me and apparently can but just don't.

3. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's been a while since I've stayed at mlife property but when I did I would just ask them "I'm about to check out and would like to see if there are any comps available based on my play?" They then call the host on duty, give my info and then tell me what they can/can't do. At worst I've had only resort fee knocked off when it was a one night stay due to canceled flight.

4. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly, as best I can tell the mlife desk can't actually do anything themselves, but they're basically a conduit to the host on duty. I'll say that at Aria, I've never had trouble getting them to adjust my bill without taking the Express Comps, which I've now managed to accrue quite a few of (although I'll probably wind up using them this trip now that table games are no longer going to accrue ECs).

5. masterwilde

masterwilde Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    for me at Monte Carlo in May this year, i had a bill for $3100 at the end of my trip (10 days) i asked if anything could be taken off and the host on duty over the phone took $1200 off the bill without touching my express comps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.