1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mlife Cutoff

Discussion in 'Comps' started by bsbaz, Jul 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bsbaz

bsbaz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know in order to 'level up' in mLife, the earning period is from Oct 1 - Sept 30 but what determines when you earned the tier credits? My dilemma is that I should be able to level up on my next trip, just from show tickets and room credits, however, our trip will not be until two weeks into October. If I were to order and pay for show tickets now, would I receive the tier points before my trip, or would they not be credited until the night of the show, i.e. after my current tier points expire. Also, same query on the hotel as well, if I were to pay upfront for that to get the credits, could I level up before I got there?

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would guess it would hit within a day of when you actually pay. Might be a way to actually get someone over the level if they are close.

3. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the show tickets are a possibility, but you don't pay for the hotel until you checkout, so I don't think that would work.

4. Boogaloo

Boogaloo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I actually have experiences with this.

I ordered and paid for tickets through the Aria website for Viva Elvis about a year ago, then sent them an email asking pretty much the same question. This is the reply I got:

So no, you don't get the credits right away, at least under most circumstances.

I believe that you can also show up at the MLife desk with the same receipt and ask them to credit your account with the tier credits, but again you need to be there and have the same receipt. I'm saying this because you can do that in other situations, such as if you want TCs at a restaurant that's not directly in their network, such as Wolfgang Puck's places, and you're not able to charge to your room and get the TCs that way.

5. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I first started to go to Vegas, and had to pay for rooms, I would get TCs for the room deposit the day I booked and gave the deposit. One trip they comped my room after evaluating my play, refunded my deposit, and took back the TCs...

6. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since this will pretty much determines if you make your level or not that makes it important enough where I would just call them directly and ask.

Asking here you are going to get speculation, guesses and answers all across the board... that can still be helpful for some things, but since this is one of those important things you should call.

Also, if somebody says "you should be credited with those TCs right away!" and it doesn't happen... if that somebody worked at Aria's MLife booth that would hold a lot more weight than "some guy on the internet told me thats how it works" if you show up and try to get it fixed in person.

7. gamblersruin

gamblersruin Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with auggie completely, but to share my experience I bought mj one tickets on the mlife site last month and I believe the resulting tcs showed up within a day or two, and I had totally forgotten I would get them.

8. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Probably worth a call,.... but my experiences is that most folks at mlife have no idea how things work. Sorry

9. bsbaz

bsbaz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the input all. My last trip I did have an instance where I forgot to swipe my card at a few restaurants so I took my receipts to mLife desk. It was at least 4 weeks before I got the credit for those. Anywho, I figure it is about $325 or so that I need to spend, and I'm pretty sure I won't get there on the show tickets along (though I suppose if I get close enough, I could send my card up with a friend to get me the rest...).

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.