1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mlife: Booking multiple comped offers with 72 hours in between... RC/FP

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Multifarious5, Apr 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am using two comped 3 night Mlife offers, with 72 hours in between, which I've successfully done in the past multiple times. Both have 3 nights comped, with RC/FP...one is hotel-specific, one is a blanket comp at any resort (and applied at a different hotel). Im not worried about room comps, my question is on RC/FP.

I usually figure there is no double-dipping on FP/RC, but my itinerary still shows FP/RC for both properties. Is there any chance I can use FR/RC at both hotels, since it's showing on my itinerary? I know the answer is probably no, but ONCE I was able to redeem FP at two properties, but the latter I was already established with. (So they might have cut me slack.)

Since my itinerary is still showing FP/RC for both property confirmed reservations, my question is, has anyone successfully redeemed FR and/or RC at two separate Mlife properties with 72 hours in between? I'm banking on only redeeming FP/RC at the first property, but I would love to be pleasantly surprised.

Sooooo far away still...
    Cosmo, always our favorite part of our trip!
  2. Kolmeseiska

Kolmeseiska Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've done 2 offers at the same property and redeemed FP/RC without any issues. As long as they're 2 different offers you should be fine, otherwise the system wouldn't let you book both offers. This was 1,5 years ago at The Mirage so not sure if my info is outdated.

3. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As long as you have the 72 hours in between, why wouldn't you be able to. Maybe what you are thinking of is that it used to be (or maybe still is) a host would let you book a second offer without the 72 hours in between, but it would be the room only - not the FP or RC.

4. JeJas

JeJas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To OP,
    You are ok because the two offers are different even if the benefits of the offers are the same.
    I have done it before.
    For the same offer ( such as Mlife winter offer), you can't get the FP/RC multiple times.

5. Multifarious5

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks guys!!!! I am SO glad I asked, as I thought they didn't allow this, and I wasn't even going to check. (And they ARE different offers.) That would be stellar if they DO allow it, and I will absolutely check now. It'll be a my belated big 4-0 so that would take a great vacation and make it AMAZING. Now, if the stupid clock just wasn't going so slow, I already have a full-blown case of Vegas-itis!

thanks again, and have a great week!!!!

Sooooo far away still...
  6. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Right. It used to be that you could back-to-back the room portion of offers, but you had to pick between one set of throw-ins or the other. It seems like now they are totally enforcing the 72 hours rule, which means you can't back-to-back, but that also frees you up to use both sets of throw ins.

7. Multifarious5

Trips to Las Vegas:

Thanks Chuck, JeJas, JosieCat and Kolmeseiska, to hear it from all four of you makes me a VERY happy camper. The 72 hour rule means Mlife loses some of my time, but it actually forced me too look at other options in between (which turned out pretty neat). Now I have a trip way better than if I could have booked back-to-back, but only use one set of FP/RC. Again, THANK you all, this was fantastic news, and I really appreciate the insights!

Sooooo far away still...
  8. Multifarious5

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all, one more small question on "Mlife resort credits".

1) can it be applied to resort fees? (And/or late check out.)
    2) is it good for any Mlife property or just that specific one? I usually play and eat where I stay, but if I have one meal off property, I was wondering if it would be eligible.

On resort fees, it's fine if they can't be applied, I just would be a little more liberal with restaurant choices if I can't use Mlife RC towards resort fees. (I already know always tip, and sometimes tax, are not eligible, just was uncertain on resort fees.)

Thanks!

Sooooo far away still...
  9. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Far as I know, you can't use Resort Credit against any fee.

You usually can't tell from the Terms and Conditions what the restrictions are on where you can use Resort Credit, but the safest assumption is that you can use it only for restaurants and room service (but not the mini-bar) at the property you're staying at. Although there's a high probability you can use it at some, but not all, restaurants at other MLife properties.

The best thing to do is ask at the front desk when you check in.

Resort Credit gets applied against the top line of your F & B charge. So if you have Resort Credit and you go eat somewhere and the bill is

$122.50 food & bev
    $ 14.70 tax
    $ 20.00 tip

If you check your bill on the TV, any resort credit you have should reduce that top line, until you've used it all up. You don't get to pick and choose and say apply $50 of it to this meal and $50 to that one; they just keep automatically applying as much as you have until it's gone.

Express Comps works a little different than Resort Credit. When you use Express Comps at the point of purchase at a restaurant, they reduce the F & B portion immediately, and so the tax is also reduced. If you have enough Express Comps to pay for the entire meal, your tax is zero, although you're still on the hook for the tip.

And if you use Express Comps at the end of a trip when you check out, I believe you can apply them like cash against your entire hotel bill, it doesn't matter what the details of the charges are.

10. Kolmeseiska

Kolmeseiska Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just looked at my previous folios and my RCs at least counted towards taxes. Got a bunch of these in there:

2014-08-26 MIR Paradise Svc Bar Tip 3.00
    2014-08-26 MIR Paradise Svc Bar Tip 3.00
    2014-08-27 MIR Paradise Svc Bar Tip 3.00

This was at The Mirage so I don't know what the case is elsewhere. And just looking at an offer right now it says:

Complimentary Deluxe Room for Two Nights Sunday - Thursday
    $100 M life Resort for Food, Beverage, and Entertainment
    $100 in FREEPLAY

M life Resort Credits room charges are restricted to certain outlets and cannot be used towards David Copperfield and Beachers Madhouse Tickets. M life Resort Credits cannot be applied to cover tips and/or gratuities. M life Reort Credits are nontransferrable, not reedemable for cash and are only valid on the promotional trip. M life Resort Credits will be applied upon checkout. Ticket offers are subject to availability of desired show. Dining Credits may be restricted to certain outlets.

So like Chuck2009x said, you're better off asking where you can use it (or the list of excluded restaurants). But like the bold test above suggests, you can't use it towards resort fees. Hope this helps.

11. Multifarious5

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks again guys, this is a huge help. I'll check with member services. It doesn't matter cost wise, as I'd be spending a little over comps anyways, it just means I will just spend the full rc versus leaving $100 cushion for resort fees.

Thanks a million again, these were wonderful, detailed answers. Happy Vegasing, and thanks for the tip on checking the bill on the TV Chuck, I definitely will. (And thanks for your nice write-up up too Kolm!) Actually not covering resort fees gives me an excuse to splurge a little more on food ;)

I'm counting the minutes!

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
    Sooooo far away still...
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.