1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MLB wagering: San Francisco under 3.5 (first five innings) vs. St. Louis

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by JWBlue, Oct 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A big game tonight in MLB. Game 7 of the NLCS.

The Cardinals send Kyle Lohse to the mound. Lohse has transformed himself the past two seasons into one of the better control pitchers in MLB. He has turned into a poor mans Greg Maddux. Lohse holds both left and right handed batters to a WHIP under 1.20.

On the mound for the Giants is Matt Cain. The Cardinals feature five right handed batters in their lineup. Cain is "death" against right handed batters holding them to a WHIP of .80.

I am surprised that Matt Carpenter is not in the lineup for the Cardinals. He gives Cain a tough time. If he was in the lineup, I would not have made this wager.

There is a lot of vig on this wager. If that deters anyone, the line is likely to move to 3 at even money closer to game time. I would take under 3 as well.

San Francisco under 3.5 (first five innings) (-125) The Westin/Willliam Hill

2. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Huge mistake.

Pitchers can get tight a**holes in Game 7s. Not only that, it looked like Lohse was being squeezed with the strike zone by the home plate umpire.

I am glad San Francisco is going to the WS. Otherwise, I don't think I would have been able to keep my promise of having a winning record in the postseason.

2012 MLB Postseason record 0-2-2 (-2.4 units)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.