1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MLB wagering : First five innings > San Francisco +130 at Detroit

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by JWBlue, Oct 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't believe this line for the full game. I thought it would open at -130, or 140. It opened at -150. If I was in Las Vegas, I would be heavy on San Francisco.

Detroit pitcher Max Scherzer has been dominant this postseason. Lights out dominant. 1-0 with an 0.82 ERA, 18 strikeouts in 11 innings, and a WHIP 0f 0.73. During the regular season he had 231 strikeouts in 187.2 innings. A K/9 rate of 11.1 per nine innings which was tops in MLB. These numbers are going to give us a lot of value on San Francisco for this game.

Baseball is all about matchups. Scherzer just does not match up with the Giants. He gave up an atrocious 1.69 WHIP against left handed batters during the regular season. Whatever he has been doing against left handed pitchers this season has not been working. His ERA during the regular season was nothing to write home about at 3.74. The Giants have 6 left handed hitters in their lineup. Two of the right handed batters are the NL batting champion and likely MVP Buster Posey along with the NCS MVP Marco Scutaro. The other is Hunter Pence who is not a bad player in his own right.

San Francisco pitcher Matt Cain is no slouch. One of the best pitchers in baseball. In the postseason he has not been his normal dominant self. He likely was fatigued. However, tonight he will have had an extra day of rest since his last start. This should give him a little more strength. When he is right he owns right handed by holding them to a 0.80 WHIP. The Tigers have five right handed batters in their lineup which will make it difficult for them to sustain any rallies.

Being down 3-0 in a best of 7 series is demoralizing. This will be a factor in Detroit's performance.

First five innings > San Francisco +130 vs. Detroit (Wynn)

2. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A horrible beat.

Lost on a pop fly home run by Miguel Cabrera that would have been an out if it were not for a wind gust.

Giants take the game.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.