1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mix Lounge is my thinking right?

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by Michelle, Feb 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michelle

Michelle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So my party consists of three other people including my husband (40ish) and our friends (in their 60s). For the past two trips I've been trying to get into Mix or the Foundation Room. I wasn't expecting a bouncer and a line last year, but that's what I ran into. I didn't want to put anyone through a line (the same 60ish couple was with me) so I didn't go. I really just want to go for the view. I'm hearing Mix has a better view. Since 1. my husband will not wait in line and 2. I don't want everyone to stand outside. I'm considering bottle service at Mix. The cheapest bottle is $300. So for that price, should I be looking at a different bar, or is this my best option?

Jill's 21st!
  2. klawrey

klawrey High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's a pretty reasonable price for a bottle in Vegas. Most true nightclubs they start at about $425. If you are going for the view, although off strip, can't be the views from Voodoo at Rio. I'd bet you could get a bottle for about the same if not less. Could also just get entry without bottle usually free from the guys handing out passes. I've been there a couple times for the view and it's never been busy. Weather will be nice at the time you're there so outside on the patio taking in the entirety of the strip will be nice.

3. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have gone many times, never had to stand in line or pay cover. We too are in our 40's. $300 sounds like a lot for a bottle there, its not a club atmosphere, just a small dance floor with a DJ. I don't think I would waste that sort of $$ on bottle service there. To us its more of a watch the sunset, have a few and move on kind of place.

4. Michelle

Michelle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    But you didn't get to sit...right? But the tradeoff is that you only stay for an hour or so?

Go Bucks!

Jill's 21st!
  5. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have always had a place to sit. Sometimes they will reserve the tables out on the glass terrace if its a weekend or something, but when that is the case we would just sit at one of the regular tables. I have never seen the place super packed to where we were unable to sit down somewhere. The views are great from about everywhere. We used to go in on like a Monday or Tuesday night and would just walk right out on the terrace and sit down and just order from the waitress. Luckily the view is the same weeknight or weekend so you are really saving the trouble and expense of bottle service by going during the week.

6. Michelle

Michelle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    perfect!

Jill's 21st!
  7. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MO has a nice bar with live music. I must say though that the live music my past few visits have sucked.

8. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1
    Wouldn't mess with bottle service here. I think if you get there before 10pm there's no cover either. Ideally you want to get there just before sunset and watch the strip come to life as it gets dark :)

Drinks are about $15 if I remember right.

9. hrt4girls

hrt4girls Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone ordered from the bar menu? We would like to go for the sunset and have a few appetizers and drinks and then do the real dinner later on that night? Any suggestions on what we should try?

10. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They have good "bar food". Not sure if its still the same menu but they used to have some mini-cheeseburger type deal that was real popular.

11. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to Mix Lounge several times. If you get there around 5pm when they open, shouldn't have any problem getting a table. That is when the "old" people go. Drinks are not overly expensive there. They're not cheap but nothing outrageous. It's a small place.

Depends on the night at Foundation Room. Every night is different there. We went there years ago for Taco Tuesday. Great times.

12. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We tried to use the sliders myVegas reward a couple months ago and the kitchen closes at 10pm or so. We used the credit for drinks instead LOL

13. Chanel40

Chanel40 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We went there last trip at around 5.30pm. No queue, got a table outside no problem, however we didn't stay long, couple of drinks and amazing view, just what we wanted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.