1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mirage - October 25 - 29 Before Winter.

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by allmine1958, Oct 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allmine1958

allmine1958 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Being from Connecticut, I know it's gonna get real cold, real soon. So I usually take a trip to Vegas in October or November. But now that the only non-stop flight to Vegas stops Nov. 1, I need to complete trip by Oct. 30, on only airline that flys there, SWA. So tickets booked for Hubby and myself in August, waited on offers for hotel.

Best offers were for Bellagio and Mirage. 3 nts and 100 FP and 100 or so f/b. Since I love Bellagio, food and location, I booked Oct 25 - 29. Extra night was $219.00. Pricey but usually comped so didn't care. Booked Olives for dinner first night (we arrived in Vegas at 7:45 p.m.) and Jasmine for Sunday Brunch. All set until I received offer from Mirage for 3 nts, 175 FP and 200 resort credit, extra night $129.00. Well Hubby more partial to Mirage so I cancelled Bellagio and booked Mirage. Cancelled Olives and booked Heritage. Wrote to host at Mirage to see if anything special there or maybe extra comps, but mostly to make sure no room problems, as we were checking in so late on a Sat night after a 6.5 hr flight. We're assured room would be set and 8 p.m. isnt late for Vegas. Ok, good to go.

2. allmine1958

allmine1958 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Day 1 We leave un eventfully at 5 p.m. From Connecticut. Crowd waiting with us seem subdued, older and many wheelchairs. Usually I go on Thurs or Friday so this is different. Announcement says only 65 of 97 seats taken so there is plenty of room to choose seats. NICE! Hubby and I had middle set open for our stuff. Watched Grinders on IPad and napped.

Land and find airport almost quiet, bags coming out already at turn style right infont of escalator, turn left out door and hop in sedan to Mirage. 55+ tip. Health issues making walking difficult lately, so I avoid extra steps when tired. Back way to Mirage and up to check in in no time. Deluxe room on 20th floor looking at pool and Ceasar strip. No Kings so fine with 2q.

Drop off luggage and head to Heritage. Wait 5 min, seated. 9:30 reservation, half empty. Quiet darker atmosphere. Very limited menu and no specials. I had Filet and Hubby had NY Strip. We had Seafood Platter for App. Sides Fingerling Potatoes and Asparagus. Dinner was served quickly, and hot. Very good, but not memorable. Was an o.k. Dinner but about $320 with tip and 3 drinks.

Now time to hit the machines. After about an hour and down a couple hundred on Video poker, hubby finds me to show me 3 Tito for $300 each from Blazzing 7's. Yep, gonna be that type of trip again. He wins and I pout. Try to muster that cheery congrats, but it's 3 a.m. At home and I am wiped. Wish him luck and remind him of vows, and I am off to room. Get unpacked and settled in when he arrived to report no more big wins but... Was invited to party once and winked at too. Day 1 in book, Happy hubby means nice trip.

3. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have fun!! Can't wait to hear how the rest the trip goes!

4. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Smart getting it in before the nonstop ends. My dh insisted on November for a last minute trip...flying out of BDL and get to sit around at mdw on the way out and den on the way back. Big win with the less than full plane, congrats.

5. REELmoneySlotFan

REELmoneySlotFan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good start of the trip. Have fun and win big. Looking forward to the rest of the story.

6. allmine1958

allmine1958 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Day 2. Up early Vegas time, 15 minute coffee line, then off to Machines. $1.00 JOB progressive at 5,400. Nice, pay while coffee cooling and loose couple hundy fast. Next onto Blazzing 7's, the same. Next to Cleopatra 5 cent and finish daily budget. Oh well, up to give hubby his cooled coffee and try to remember what time Jasmine brunch reservations were for. Give up, decide to go for 10:30, then we can see if 11 or 12, there. But have to stop at sports book to play my football pics. Played straight teams and a 5 team parlay and 5 team teaser for haha's.

Once at Bellago, hubby decided to bounce around while I sat by Jasmine till it open to be close, plus the have V/p right there. 11:00 it opens and I find we're at 11:30. Hubby sitting at my machine waiting. I tell him I will wander a bit, and he plays my machine. I am not 10 steps away when my phone rings. Thinking it was my daughter, I pulled it out to see hubby's name. Well instead of answering I turn to see his light blinking and an attendant standing there. Yep, hits a Diamond Royal 1k. On my machine. The kicker to it all, he asks me for a twenty to tip the guy. LOL. He rarely plays V/P. so I walk a bit to come back to tell him it's time to go and he has hit 4 deuces and 4Aces. Ok fine, he is paying for brunch, and then some.

Jasmine Brunch, amazing! $54.00 around, So so worth it. Fresh seafood, omelets, lobster pot pies, unlimited bubbly or Bloody Mary's, a whole dessert room. Trying to post pics. Watched many fountain shows, this was so nice. I was in heaven.

Played a bit at Bellagio, I hit a bit on Kitty Glitter, but nothing big. Strolled back to Mirage. Had to have tickets for Carrot Top for the evening, as I had forgot to do at home. Concierge was kind enough to do it. I was tired to I went to nap, hubby tried to continue streak but not good. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg sorry for sideways. To be continued.....

Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
  7. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great start; looking forward to hearing more!

8. allmine1958

allmine1958 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Day 2 part 2

All rested and refreshed. Checked sports bets, woo hoo. 5 of 6 tickets winners, except big one. Stinkin Eagles! Ok, cash for evening.

On to Luxor for Carrot Top. Great seats. Row C seat 7 &8. Travelzoo $ 35.00 each. Great deal, hysterical, and a good change of pace from the Cirq. shows. Gambling there very boring. Actually I didn't like it there any more than I dd years ago.

Back to Mirage and Calif Pizza Kitchen, pizza good and American chopped salad delish! Finished out evening in Pokerroom with some cheerier players. Lost buyin, ok, just king sure I could spred my money all over. Off to bed. Hubby again, watching entertainment. Boy the ladies were everywhere Sunday night. Must have been Riden a Cowboy night!

9. allmine1958

allmine1958 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Day 3.
    Up early and hit Mirage Buffet My Vegas buy 1 get 1. Not bad, 23.00, and unlimited beer and wine for breakfast. Buffet good, but nothing spectacular. They did have Chocolate Croissant Bread Pudding. That was something. Had planned on Shelby Museum but never got there. Played Mirage then strolled thru Forum shops to Ceasars.

Played Double Super Times Pay nickels for a long time. Really liked it. But learned my lesson by watching the Ultimate Poker nickel machine next to me. A guy sits down on a mission. Must have put 5 $100's in that machine in 20 minutes. Hit nothing. Mi was going to move to it when a lady sits down with the husband behind leaning over to hit the buttons as she was deciding what to keep. They also went thru a couple of bills. Dang. Then this other woman it's down and her hubby on the other side. Well she starts hitting, and jumps p to tll home each time. But as she does she turns and jumps, and the seat spins back and hits me in the shoulder. The third time I jumped as it hurt. My evil thoughts start working and her machine now is eating her profits. Except hubby starts hittin and calls her each time. Left at that point with $30 profit. Maybe things are turning around. Back to Mirage.

Had dinner at BLT, burger ok, service ok, coffee shake delish! Banged around poker then slots. So many different versions of Quick hits. Then back to $1. V/p. progressive was at 5,600. Nada! Called it a night.

10. allmine1958

allmine1958 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    image.jpg image.jpg Day 4. - redemption day.

Since its getting long, I will be brief.
    Started off going to Fashion Show mall, but tram to TI down again. Not sure it the ever have it in use anymore. Walked over to TI. Didn't even bother gambling. Over bridge to mall a guy selling water, and a cop came up and starting explaining the he had a better deal then dollar water, it was Jain and it was free lodging. Funny.

Strolled the mall and hardly any sales in the handbag stores. I don't pay full price, makes me feel horrid if I see a sale after. Then onto Wynn. Found a V/P machine with progressive at 1,400+ quarters. Played for 2.5 hours with only 1 quad. and on $100. Realizing it was 3p.m. We needed to go as we had reservations at Giada. But on way out I saw that if you had 500 points by 3.p.m. You could be in a free tourney at 4:00 p.m. Dumbly, thinking would never make dinner, we left. Still kicking myself on that one.

After changing at room, we get in cab to Cromwell. Before cab starts o go, he says" you know it's right across the street on that corner" you still want me to take you. Really, I wanted to hand him my shoes and follow him with his cab and watch him do it. 9.00 later and buck tip we arrived with only 10 min to reservation at 5:45.

We were told it would be a 10 minute wait. Fine since that would be our reservation time. We go to bar for a drink and at 5:10 they finally come over. Food was great, (see Evoni review) had her suggestions and they were great. But they o try to talk you out of pasta for dinner enter. It's only 4 oz. for like $28.00 but was more then enough after apps. Dessert was just ok. $350. For 2 with tip and drinks.

Back to final night gambling. Tried $1.00 VP, $5,800 progressive now. Nada, Blazzing 7's, nothing. Then onto regular DbDb VP. And YES the Gods were there, 4oak after 4oak, it was unreal. Cashed out $400. Then said heck with it. Put a $20 in and played a bit. Hit a few more 4 oak when dealt 4 to a royal in spades. Started chanting same song I had been all weekend.. Jack of Spades,and it blew my mind when it showed up. It jumped up and did real dance, called hubby and kept yelling, listen, I am not a loser! Well not totally. So in y purse it went, and I played poker for a few hours after.

Day 5- going home. Up and down for coffee, and a stop at host. Well my host not on duty and attendant said there was nothing more could be done on my account, but I had 125 express comps I could use towards my bill of $525.00. Which was 1 night, tax &resort fee, and dinners. I asked for her to call host, she did and said they said for me to contact my host and maybe he could help. I asked her to apply express comps and she said checkout would to tell them. So unhelpful and not another person line either. . Go play while having coffee, back to loser, but used our last free play. Get bags to bell service and went to checkout. Told guy to apply my express comps, he said they had been and my bill was $525.00. They had been applied to ur first dinner at Heritage. At this point I had assumed the Mlife lady had called. So I charged it and left for airport 2 hours early. Rather give McCaren my money.

While at airport, I wrote host n mail. He responded quickly by the time I got home and said he was sorry, and he could help by applying 126 of express comps to my bill and issue a refund. WHAT? Another 126 I didn't know about, then it dawned on me, I had a $200 resort that should have been applied too. Which was the only thing ever applied. The guy never applied my express comps even though I asked 3 times. The kicker on all this was, my host nicely to me I should have gone o Mlife before checking out and they would ave called him and he could have taken care of then. OMG. That's exactly what I did and I told him that Thursday in my follow up email. Haven't heard again from him. Well guess have to stay elsewhere for New Years, since hubby yesterday to book flights. Think he might have hit. Few more machines, then he remembered. Or he really thinks those young sweeties really like his style, not his money. Lol whatever, it works for me.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  11. REELmoneySlotFan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cool TR. So basically your host at Mirage totally blew it. That's too bad because the Mirage really is a nice place. Is this poor "hosting" something that's happening on a larger scale within MGM at this moment? Just ditched my so called host at NYNY who doesn't even have the decency to answer an e-mail. Loved your TR, thanks for sharing.

12. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report. Thanks for writing. And congrats to you and to hubby on the royals!

13. allmine1958

allmine1958 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I feel the digression part is again being taken from them. The Mlife counter has a lot to e desired. The lady Ana needs to be cloned! She is pleasant and helpful. Like it was years ago, but the rest, no. As for host, I am still trying to give him a chance, but 3 days play and we have over half to Platinum, think warrants a bit extra. The funny part, I have had problems with a few MGM properties, and I never ask for upfront extras. I always ask at the end of play.

14. REELmoneySlotFan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have to agree with you here. The Mlife counter does have a lot to be desired. We are going to give the independants our play from now on. Tropicana & Cosmo. I don't want to make the move to CET because there's only a few CET resorts I like, they don't have all the latest new slot machines, and there's a high risk of bankruptcy for CET which could have a huge impact on your offers. We used to be loyal Mlife/MGM Resorts customers but after receiving no customer service from two hosts in a row, we're done! I could write a letter expressing my complaints but I really doubt if that will change anything. We're probably around the same level of play.

15. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice VP hits!

Sucks that the host bungled up your comps. I really like staying at Mirage. The VP selection though...meh. At least you found one of the best nickel games available there in the Double STP (at least for 6/5 Bonus anyway).

16. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Those Blazing 7's at Mirage are always hot! The last machine on the right, if you were sitting down and facing the table games, was on fire the last time I stayed there. Everyone who I saw playing that machine was hitting the $300 7's!

17. allmine1958

allmine1958 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just a bit of an update. Hubby had such a good time, that he suggested instead of exchanging gifts for Christmas, we got o Vegas for New Years. He enjoyed Mirage, so I emailed our host there quickly while I am sure I was still remembered.

To my pleasure, he offered to take care of us for New Years nicely. Remindeded my of the old days. Maybe is I am able o deal with him directly, this could be my home base again. Going to book Statosphere party immediately. It's awesome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.