1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mirage for MM 3/19-3/22

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Scottmik2, Mar 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scottmik2

Scottmik2 Tourist

My Trip Report

A group of 9 of us go out from across the country for March Madness. Each year the group changes a little but the same core group is in. This is my 3rd year but some guys have been going for 14 years.
    We all have rooms at the Mirage 12th floor. I think we did it the smart way. We decided what we wanted to do and estimated how much it would cost. After collecting from everyone it all goes on 1 credit card. Makes things a lot easier and its tougher to get screwed.

Wednesday, 3/19--
    Arrived on Southwest flight about a half hour early Wednesday Night. Our Limo driver was waiting at baggage claim. We wanted to pick up a friend at a different terminal and were told it would cost $6 bucks. Considering we had a $40 tip waiting for her, we didn't mind. BTW, her new tip was $20 after that.
    Proceeded to the Mirage where check in was easy. After a quick change we were sitting at a 3:2 surrender allowed blackjack table with 5 of our buddies. Seeing as it is March Madness we consider ourselves very lucky to have found a 3:2 with surrenders. Play for roughly 5 hours and hit the rack even for the day.
    A highlight of day 1 was at a craps table and watch an extremely drunk human lay 4 grand on the don't pass, Lose, lay another 4 grand and as the dealer was counting his money request they "speed up the game."

Thursday 3/20--
    Up at 8:00 to get to our reservation at Lagasse's. We had a table outside with a private tv, a couch, and 3 chairs. Very cool spot to watch the games all day long. We had the table reserved for 12 hours. The sports book inside Lagasse's has no line which makes those 2nd half bets more possible.
    I must say, the food there is amazing. The BBQ shrimp was my favorite but the shrimp Po Boy was damn good too.
    Did quite well on the games going 8-2-1 for the day. Unfortunately the craps tables inside Pallazzo don't like me very much so the day is roughly even. All said and done we had 10 guys and had a $2500 tab. Not bad on a per person basis for a whole day in vegas.
    That night the limo shows up to take us to the OG. I've seen some sketchy places in my life, but this one is towards the top. I saw girls that could not only be my mom's age but could also beat me up. Nuff said about this place.

Friday 3/21--
    The highlight of the trip. Slept in til 9 today. We have a VIP reservation at Bare pool at the Mirage. Beforehand I head over to the Venetian to cash in a ticket from the day before. I am thankful for Lagasse's as this line is about 20 minutes longer.
    Time for the pool. We are one of the first ones there and get a daybed and table in between the Mirage Execs and the Hawaiian Tropic girls. Oddly enough, neither wanted anything to do with us. Great service here though. Food was great and I never had to go looking for a drink. A few groups of nice girls hanging out with us and a few nutty ones too. Never know what you will find in Vegas, especially at a topless pool.
    After a quick nap we are picked up by the biggest damn limo I've ever see. This thing had a back room and a stripper pole. It was more like a bus.
    Takes us to Hakkesan at MGM Grand. Our host walks us in and right to our table. I should point out that we are in no way "club" people. We tipped the host a few hundred bucks in case anyone in our group got out of hand at the pool and next thing we know a limo is taking us to a private table. To say we were out of our element is an understatement. We realized this after our 4th bottle of Belvidere and our check came. Needless to say we weren't gambling for fun, but to recoup some of our costs. This place was fun, but for the price i'd rather put the $500 on a blackjack table.
    So I take another $500 and do just that. After i'm up and down I end even after 4 hours of play. Definitely didn't get to play as much as I would have liked this trip.

Saturday 3/22--
    Wake up and review the credit card bills on our last day here. Depression is starting to set in. We are hungover, not positive for the trip, and have to leave in 6 hours.
    I decide to put a few hundred on the blackjack table and lose it after an hour or so. Meet up with the guys, check out, and leave our bags w/ the bellman. We have an hour and a half before the limo comes so we have lunch at the Mirage pool. Everyone enjoys it.
    Limo comes at 2 and we only wait 5 minutes for security at McCarron.

Points of Interest.

1. Limos to and from the airport are $75 a piece. When you have 5 guys this is a no brainer.
    2. Lagasse's has amazing food and is a great place to watch sports because there is rarely a line to place a bet.
    3. You will not find many 3:2 blackjack games with a surrender option unless you look. Ours was at the Mirage by the high limit room.
    4. Bare Pool is a blast, but you have to pay for it. If you don't have a cabana, there is nowhere to put your things and there is a $40 cover.

Til Next year.......

2. Kryten2x4b

Kryten2x4b Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the report, it sounded like a great (if expensive) time, a guys trip would be awesome but I have no chance of getting to Vegas without my other half ..

3. gazilionar

gazilionar Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    what were the prices like at bare?

4. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What is the limit for the blackjack tables at the Mirage you played at? Were they $25+ tables?

5. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your limo at $75 is not the standard rate. You paid too much.

Being that it was MM though and how crowded it is in Vegas during that time, it seems pretty reasonable.

6. Scottmik2

Scottmik2 Tourist

what were the prices like at bare?
    Domestic beers were $8.
    Frozen cocktails were $16
    Frozen pitchers were $65 to $800
    A pizza was $20

Mirage Blackjack was mostly $25 per hand but we did find $15 during the day.

We used presidential limo that was $75 w taxes included. A round trip was $130 I believe.

7. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ah... yes... pre-booked are more expensive which explains the difference. MM is the only time I've had a problem getting a limo just walking outside to look for one.

8. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great and concise report! Just curious because I'm likely too cheap for a place like this. What percentage of the women are topless at Bare?

9. Universal

Universal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been many times and I'd say the best I've seen is about 25 percent topless. Most days it's more like 10-15 percent with a combination of some you want to see and some you'd rather not.

It's still a fun spot to spend the day. Good food, good service, good music, etc...

Return to Sky Suites
  10. Scottmik2

Scottmik2 Tourist

25 percent may be a little high. To be fair, it was march madness and the city is infiltrated with dudes.
    In the upstairs area there were 5 of 10 females (not including the Hawaiian Tropic girls who were not allowed apparently)
    Downstairs had about 30 females total and maybe 3 were topless.

Again, it was mostly guys in the pool area because of the time of year. The girls that were there were very cool though but that was Vegas pools for ya.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.