Discussion in 'Comps' started by Naturaleight, Feb 28, 2013.
Does anyone have a really good Mirage host? The one I have now sucks.
Yes- what's with that place! My host JL completely blew me off! No response to emails or VM for an upcoming trip. I like it there quite a bit.
I still get the mailbox offers with her smiling mug plastered all over but alas.
I'm Noir, but I guess just another schlub... Maybe they are enjoying their American Idol fame.
I stayed at Mirage in Dec. 2011 on a room offer (just booked through VIP services), and the host on duty who comped everything at the end of my stay went out of his way to explain exactly what comps I was qualified for and how they were calculated. He really went above and beyond to help me understand the comp structure. I haven't stayed at Mirage since, but if I ever do I know I'll contact him.
I realize this doesn't exactly answer your question, but I think I can find his card and will PM you his name when I get a chance to look, just in case you might find that helpful.
same question here does anyone have a mirage host looking to make the switch from CeT
We must have the same host there
Where is your play level?
Do you have offers there, or other mlife places?
My Mirage host does the following:
* sets me up in a tower suite for each trip (I'm a Noir player -- mostly from the machines -- who will likely revert to Platinum for 2014)
* sends me a Word document as an email attachment two or three times a year (Internet virus potential be damned) that lists upcoming events and generally includes a bit more free play and F&B than I get in the mLife corporate offers
* responds to my long, detailed email requests about room discounts for friends, shows, dining or event reservations about three or four days later with one-word responses like this recent one: "Done!" (so far, he's had about a 95% success rate in terms of actually doing what I had requested, but I never know for sure till I get there)
* fails to seek me out during my visits but does make himself available when I'm there if something is amiss and I call for his help; the result has always been satisfactory, and occasionally a definite improvement
* doesn't review my folio for extra comps on his own, but will respond if I email or call him about a potential missed comp afterward, usually with an offer to "make things right" with some extra free play on the next trip
If this sounds like your idea of a good host, then PM me and I'll reply with the name.
I can sure as hell give you the name of a host at Mirage that you DON'T want.
This post is old. I no longer need a Mirage host, but it looks like housedoc does.
Just to follow up on my original post, I personally do think this host is a good one. The reality is that each host seems to be strong in some areas, weaker in others. The player has to determine whether those strengths are a good enough match for your expectations (and level of play) to offset the perceived weaknesses. Unfortunately, that requires some trial and error that probably undercuts the value of any host recommendation you would receive here.
So true. Unless you say what your priorities are that you are looking for in a host, at which point somebody might have a match.
Separate names with a comma.