1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mirage 8/31 - 9/5

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by ddwhit, Sep 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ddwhit

ddwhit Tourist

My Trip Report

This is my 3rd trip this year. I love this city and my fiance' always gives me a hard time because this is the only place I want to go. So when he said to me he had a Vegas itch...I said don't even temp me!!! So it was booked the next day!

We had originally planned for 3 nights comped at the Mirage. I usually stay at TI and got some offers from Mirage and thought I might as well try something new. Plus with it being summer I might enjoy the pool more at Mirage. This is long...probaby boring for most.

Day 1
    $20 trip working at the Mirage. Got a tower deluxe and I have to say thank goodness because when we got to the room I would hate to see the standard. The only nice thing was dual sinks...IMO...there was also a jacuzzi tub, but I have one of those at home.

We went over to Paris to meet our neighbors who we discovered were on our flight out. Had marginal luck with BJ, craps and $1 VP. Waited until too late and ate at the cafe there. Nothing special, typical cafe food. Now I am the gambler of the relationship...so my fiance' wanted to go to Hard Rock and I wanted to go to the Bellagio. So we split up...good decision on my part. He loses...I win! Played $1 VP at the Fontana and couldn't really get anything going so I decided to play BJ. Ended up leaving there up around $400-$500. Back at the Mirage I played more VP and hit a couple 4/kinds and decided to try $5 slots. I put in $20, only played 1 coin at a time and hit $500!! So I piddle around a little more and end up going to bed up $1000. Good day!!

Day 2
    I was up early and went to the pool. Now remember I said I stayed here for the pool...well I never even went to the main pool once. It was packed and I settled on what I could get which was at the smaller pool to the left. Caught some rays for a few hours and then upstairs to shower. We grabbed food at the cafe in Mirage and headed out for the day. Gambled here and there until we made our way over to TI for Mystere. I have seen it, but Fiance' has never seen a Cirque show so I thought he should see the original first. He was amazed at the things they could do and enjoyed himself. We grabbed some late dinner at ISLA in TI. I love this place! I always have great food and service. We played a little over at TI and I didn't win, but I didn't lose. We went back over to Mirage for BJ. I played for hours at one table and it was one of those moments were you win, lose, win, lose, win, lose....but you stay because the people at the table are fun and you are having too good of a time to leave. At 3am I force myself to bed. Still up, but only around $500-$700.

Day 3
    Up and to the pool. Same story...packed so I am at the side pool. I meet 3 great couples from Connecticut. Hung out witht them all day...service was horrible at the pool BTW. Tonight we had tickets to Mary J Blige at MGM. Headed over there and went straight to the show. She can sing without falter, but I was tired of the scene. I am a concert junkie and usually a rock and roll girl, so this concert was a new experience to me. All and all she is a totally fabulous diva that can sing like no other. After the show we couldn't get a cab to save our lives so we walked to Tropicana thinking it would be a shorter line. It was but there were just NO cabs there. Finally made it over to the Bellagio. We were starved and grabed a late dinner at the cafe there. Food marginal...I was barely keeping my eyes open while eating that we decided to pack it in and go back to the Mirage for bed.

Day 4
    This was packing day. We checked out and had full comps on the bill. We walked over to TI and did pretty well. Then we decided that we would stay another day. I called the airlines and they were booked to leave the next day, but could re-book us for Tuesday. OK!!!! Back to check in the Mirage. Walked over to the Forum Shops to spend some of my winnings. Then to Harrah's...I have always had decent luck at the bar in the Party Pit area. Nothing this trip other then the good bartenders. I go to see them every trip! After losing my tail there we walked out to the Carnival Court for while. That is always a good time. I have a hard time sitting anywhere for a long period in Vegas...I come to gamble. So we walked down the strip to the Bellagio. No real luck here so made our way back through Ceasars...no luck. Decided to go downtown. What a nightmare...literally. We started at the Golden Nugget. Played in their "salon". Horrible service!! Went to cash in and there were two cage workers and the lines were 10-15 people deep. Went out to see the Fremount Street Exp. I don't know if it was because it was late, but there are some FREAKS DT!!!! We walked into Mermaids to go to the bathroom. SCARY!!! I felt like I everyone was spun out on Crystal Meth. After that I was ready to go back to the Mirage. Decent luck but nothing to write home about. Played BJ and VP and decided to actually go to bed at a decent hour.

Day 5
    Back up and at the pool. Only stayed out a short time today. Hung out again with my Connecticut friends. Got ready and headed over to the Forum Shops for early dinner at Chinois. We were there too early for sushi, so we settled on entrees instead. Food wasn't as good as I remembered from last time. I then of course want to go over to the Bellagio! We sit down to play BJ and I can't win a hand. So I go over to the good ole Fontana. I like this bar because 1)Bartenders rock 2)Band is always good 3) Usually can win SOMETHING!! I started somewhere in the middle and moved my way down. Finally at the 3rd machine I hit 4 queens...$250!! Then about 5 deals later...dealt 4 ACES w/KICKER...$2000!!! Sweet! So glad we stayed the extra days! While I waited for the attendant, I played the next machine and hit another 4/kind for $250!! Up $2500 and loving it!! I go find Fiance' he is still losing at the same table. We go sit outside of the Fontana and catch a few fountain shows. He wants to go inside to listen to the band. Stay there until they are done. We walk over to Caesars to grab a late dinner at Cheesecake Factory! Always good...I didn't know that they were owned by the same company that owns the Grand Lux! No wonder they are both so good!! Back to the Mirage...uneventful evening. Nothing that can compete with the win earlier!

Day 6
    The real packing up day! I am sad at this point and want to extend my stay, but know that I need to go home. I was leaving knowing I am going back in November, so it made it a little easier. VERY uneventful day...to the airport and there were NO lines at the security check. Back home...waiting patiently for November!!

Now my only gripes on Vegas is of course the people that feel they can stop walking at any point and look around.

I really wish that the great service you used to get in Vegas would come back. Not that I am going to hold my breathe.

But really...it doesn't matter. I love the city SO much I will always continue to return again and again and again and again...

2. LVLady

LVLady Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great trip report. I think you found my machine at Bellagio!!! There are 3 of them at the Fontana that seem to hit for me!! When walking up, they are on the Right side of the bar and the one I have the most luck on is directly in front of the register! Love the bartenders, the music and the machines!

3. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Thanks for the TR...I'm always interested in how the Mirage is these days. The pool can be a bitch...you just gotta get up early and stand in line (yea, for like an hour+) if you want one of the good seats.

I feel like you do about the service but I'm also starting to think they realize (like you said) that a lot of people (myself included) "will" keep coming back. I suppose at some point, I'd give it up if it just really sucked but I'm not there "yet".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.