1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Minus 5 @ Mandalay

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by metalpest, Aug 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. metalpest

metalpest Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went to this place last week, lots of fun! Chilly, nice cold hard drinks. Didn't stay too long (really need the upgraded coat and hat). Smaller than I expected, making it kind of crowded. We would definitely return though!

2. Reed

Reed High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How much was it to get in & rent coats/hats? I am considering trying this out on my upcoming trip.

3. surfside

surfside Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Minus 5

When I was there last month, it ran about 37 bucks. I know they had a two tier pay system, but I forgot the details. I just stayed inside the lounge and watched Olympics, sipping my drinks with friends. It is a really nice bar. I didn't pay for the opportunity to go inside the ice house though. Fast service by the barkeeps!

4. metalpest

metalpest Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $17 to get in w/coat and gloves, drinks run $12-20. You can get also get in for $37 with 2 paid drinks. It was fifty-something for the heavy duty coat and hat, with I think one drink. Worth it to at least try it.

5. TylerH50

TylerH50 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    is it the same pricing for the Monte Carlo version of Minus 5

6. ns4083

ns4083 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
  7. metalpest

metalpest Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why didn't you tell me about those coupons before! Doesn't matter for Minus 5, we went later than that. Ate at Burger Bar though, coupon there too.

8. Reed

Reed High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The bottom of the coupon book says they expire June 30, 2012. Let us know if they still accept them. I am heading out in October and wouldn't mind trying Minus 5 for $15 with a drink.

9. ns4083

ns4083 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will let you know if they work. I cut the coupon out and cut off the experation date from the bottom. They shouldnt have expired coupons on there website!

10. TableToddyy

TableToddyy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is that where you get them, Peanut Butter & Jelly Martinis? The wife seen on tv. And wants to try now. She said they are 15. also, I did remember that.

11. mckevin32

mckevin32 Low-Roller

Yep, when we were there in June it was around $150 for 4 of us with 2 drinks each.

FWIW, the Minus 5 referenced is Celsius, so somewhere around 20 Fahrenheit, unless you live somewhere that never gets cold it's no big deal. I didn't even button my parka.

The provided gloves are very thin and the glasses (and everything else) are ice, so your hands will get quite cold.

All things considered it was worth doing once, but as a novelty only...

12. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ya, Living in MT makes this bar seem like a joke and a total waste of money. I drink beer outside in much colder weather all ski season.

13. ns4083

ns4083 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just to let everyone know I did use the $15 entry coupon before 6pm and got a free drink I just cut the experation date off the bottom and handed to the girl no questions asked it was $33 for me and my wife to get in.

14. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went to the one at Monte Carlo and we had fun too, probably wouldn't of stayed long, but we met some other people and we chatted and ended up hanging out all night at other places. It does get cold after a while, but it's really a fun novelty for a little bit.

Best part, you are much drunker then you think when you go out into the normal tempature hahaha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.