1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Minus 5 ice bar

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by Jbrown815, Jan 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jbrown815

Jbrown815 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thinking about going during an April trip. Is it worth the price? Seems neat but wanted to get some honest feedback.

Thanks in advance.

2. mike mc

mike mc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If your bucket list includes this then ok, to me it was just sitting in a oversized walk-in freezer, couple of frozen ice benches, drinks kind of pricey, novelty wore of in 20 mins for me

Just Click The Book It Button It's Easy
  3. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did it MDW 2012 in Monte Carlo and had a coupon for it. Personally a waste of time.

Did the whole get up with the mink, take home russian hat thing and all but it was about a 30 minute visit. You're in basically an igloo to have a drink or few. They do the pic thing with the group and then you can upgrade the jackets and all. Typical Vegas drink pricing.

I can say I did it, and I have a pic I paid for to prove it. Beyond that, nah.

4. lowsmith

lowsmith Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We went to the one at the Monte Carlo in march 2011. Not much to it other than the entire bar, including the furniture and walls, made out of ice. Back then it cost $15 to get in (includes a parka and gloves). Or for $45 you could upgrade to a fur coat (reported to be much warmer) and includes your first cocktail. For another $10 you can get a souvenir Russian fur hat. We went cheap, but the hostess gave us coupons for free shots. They do not allow phones or cameras in the bar (so that they can sell you souvenir photos). Once we had our coats and gloves on we went in. The place was cold, but no worse than some of the days I skied this year back home in the mountains of NC. All of the Drinks are served in ice glasses (made in New Zealand and shipped in). The free shots turned out to be some kind of fruity thing made with what tasted like Peach Schnapps. We did have a couple of vodkas. Drink prices varied from $10 - $40. Place was kind of fun, but not worth a repeat trip or going out of your way.

5. daveg000

daveg000 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I should open up a bar on my back deck, except for right now the thermometer reads -10 F.

I don't travel from WI to get some experience in the cold.

If I am drinking in below zero weather, there better be a hole in the ice I'm fishing through!

6. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

We visited because my wife's friend wanted to. To me it's a dumb idea. They put you into a coat 2000 people have worn previously, hustle you in, give you crappy overpriced vodka-based drinks, and hustle you out.

7. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah! I just don't get it either!

Maybe if you lived in El Lay or LV all your life it may be something of a novelty but for those of us who live by choice in the ice belt it's not appealing at all!

8. ButterflyMtn

ButterflyMtn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went to the one at MB last May on MyVegas comped entry with 2drinks. It was fun the bartender made is some strong drinks but we were the only two girls and only people there. I did buy a cute faux fur hoodie. Would I pay for the experience? Probably not

9. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree with most of the above. I don't see where they "hustle you out" though. You can stay as long as you want. But once you have your included drinks there really isn't a reason to stay. It's a kind of cool one time thing to do. I'll admit we bought the pics, 1 for $20, 3 for $40. They actually turned out great, we used one as our Xmas card last year. It's unique but there's really no reason to go more than once.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.