1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Minneapolis Airport question (golf cart transfer)

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Shelbymae, Feb 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shelbymae

Shelbymae Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Booked my flight...of course its a connecting flight in MSP. arriving in MSP at 6:27am, connecting to a flight leaving at 7:00am Delta Airlines the whole way, (yes delta scheduled this flight choice) but since I am arriving from a 1 gate airport...usually end up at one end of the airport and have to walk for 15-20+ min to get to next gate.....Does anyone have knowledge on requesting a golf cart to pick me up at arriving gate...and getting me to departure gate? My guess is that my flight will be boarding, before my first flight even arrives...and I really do not want to miss the flight. Im not exactly disabled...but I aint no spring chicken anymore either, and with carry on bags trying to hurry...is a disaster waiting to happen.

2. rhinoman7

rhinoman7 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't know if this will help, but the last time I flew Delta with a transfer in MSP, they did a similar thing of not allowing enough time between flights. I simply called Delta and requested a different flight from MSP to LAS that would give me a little more time to make the connection. Since it was Delta that made that schedule in the first place, they made the change for free. Before you call, you can always look on Delta's website for other flights that same day and pick one that makes more sense, then ask to be changed to that specific flight.

MSP is a HUGE airport, and more than likely you will have to switch concourses to catch your connecting flight, and even with a golf cart, you still may not make it in time (due to flight arriving a little late, etc.)

3. Shelbymae

Shelbymae Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thats exactly what I will do...I will probably wait since my departure is 6 months away...and Im sure there may be changes made anyway....I should have looked closer at the connecting time...but only paid attention to the connecting airports...its an "award ticket" and they have me going from ABR-MSP-SLC-LAS My other option was connecting in LAX, and I really didnt want that.

4. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shelbymae- how many hours is all that going to take?

Super Bowl 2017!!!!
    Super Bowl 2017!!!
  5. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LAX maybe an easier airport. all of Delta is in one area, I am told you can walk the whole area that delta covers in under 10 minutes. I could be wrong but I was told that last year when I was going to be flying out and laying over at LAX.

Tentative Arrival
  6. zignerlv

zignerlv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I once had a Delta connection in Minn that was rescheduled to a different connection having a 21 minute layover, and the rep actually said that was a valid, proper transfer time. I had to push to get the flight changed. After I said, "do you realize if I miss the connection, that I am going to be complaining to the airline, referencing this conversation, and that you refused to change my flight to allow a reasonable transfer time?" she reconsidered and changed our connection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.