1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Million Dollar Quartet ??

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by zolar31, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zolar31

zolar31 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its fairly new, has anybody on see it. How was it ?
    The clips on youtube look awesome.

I did see the $25 off in the sticky. Any 2 for 1 in the local magazines, or is it available at tix4tonite or any other help with a better discount.

Thank you

Last edited: May 1, 2013
  2. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen it off Broadway. So from a show perspective its vwry entertaining. Not sure how good the cast CET brought in.

3. Barney Rubble

Barney Rubble Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The show is fantastic. Saw it in KC last year and I'm seeing it at the end of the month in Vegas. Wish it was someplace other than Harrah's but willing to go the that dump to see a great show. Also nice that it's a show worth seeing and not another cirque show.

4. Mitkraft

Mitkraft High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for bringing this up! I read about the show a while back and not ever having heard about the real sessions that inspired it I was really interested in learning about them. I'd forgotten about it so thanks for the refresh!

I'm also very interested to hear the opinion of anybody who's seen it. The reviews I read were mostly positive but there were a few "they just phoned it in" reviews so I'd love to hear more.

5. salukidean

salukidean Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's a great show....even better than Jersey Boys if you're looking for a show featuring music of that era. Can't wait to see it again!

6. volfaninbama

volfaninbama High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone found any discounts or 2for1 for this show?

7. Brensan

Brensan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just saw it 10 days ago in Vegas. It is great, and definitely better than Jersey Boys IMO. Sorry, can't help you regarding discounts. I paid full price :cry:

BEAU RIVAGE - Super Bowl weekend
  8. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hubby went with a friend who had a extra ticket when the show came to Louisville. My hubby is a musician and plays at least 10 instruments so he really looks forward to this type of show. He said it was ok but glad he did not pay for it. He was disappointed that - until the finale, no song was completed and things seemed "choppy" to him. We had a chance to go while in LV and decided to do Jubilee instead (just wanted to see it once). He said definately liked Jersey Boys more (we've gone twice at Paris). Everyone has different tastes and expectations....heck - LOVE is our fav cirque show! :)

9. oldarmy

oldarmy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seen in Vegas and enjoyed it very much. I had a 2 free ticket offer through TR. I would have paid to see it.

10. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i was hoping cet would add it to there list (free diamond )like jersey boys but no luck yet.
    i had an offer for free tics but had to stay over didnt need the room so they woudnt give me the tics.

11. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw Million Dollar Quartet on Tuesday and really enjoyed it!

12. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gosh, a lot of folks are saying it's better than Jersey Boys...I adored Jersey Boys...I could not say the same for Million Dollar Quartet, especially at Harrahs. If you like concerts better than musicals, or even prefer the music from MDQ better than JB, I can under the comparison. Otherwise, there is no comparison imo. JB is a musical, MDQ (at least as it is performed at harrahs) is a concert. For set, costume, storyline, action, sound, talent, venue, etc, JB is the winner.

13. Mitkraft

Mitkraft High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like it would be perfect for me. I love music but I'm not a big fan of musicals. I find most of them hokey.

14. ardee

ardee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, breanna61 and sco5123.
    We've managed to get comped seats to both this summer and will be reporting back about how it all turns out. :beer:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.