1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MGM vs Mandalay bay room reward

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by vegasqc, Sep 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    121 000 points for a comped weekday room at Mandalay Bay vs 85000 for a comped weekday room at MGM Grand

MGM wins the location war but is the Mandalay room that much better ?

2. bdg626

bdg626 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd say not. I used an mgm midweek and got a remodeled room. I preferred that room to the mandalay bay deluxe room.

3. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you get the remodeled room, MGM has to be the best play. But that's not what myVegas gives you by default. But I also got lucky and got upgraded for free. I've never stayed at MB yet, but I doubt it outdoes the remodeled MGM rooms. And MGM's location is definitely much, much better.

4. willywilkes

willywilkes Low-Roller

I went to Vegas in July and got a deluxe room at MB from MyVegas and booked a night in a Grand King at MGM for the end of the trip. I liked the bed (definitely the pillows) better at MGM, but I liked the room overall at MB- my view of the mountains/beach was great and I could see planes flying from the airport which was a big win for me. I don't mind the MB location because MGM was way too bro-party-scene for me and MB was quieter, plus we are walkers in general so we appreciate the opportunity to walk more (even in July). Pool at MB was nice too, but that season is winding down. Another plus for MGM is the blackout window shade. I have heard the West Wing King rooms at MGM are pretty terrible though which is what you technically get with MyVegas- if I had the LPs I would do MB hands down over MGM because I wouldn't risk the west wing king.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.