1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MGM VIP Lounges?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Grid, May 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grid

Grid VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I heard people reference VIP lounges at Excalibur and Luxor before on here, although I have never seen one. Are there any others in Vegas? Will they let in Platinum players, or just Noir?

Also are they anything like CET Diamond Lounges?

2. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been in the VIP lounge at Luxor. I guess it wasn't that big of a deal. When I checked into Mirage a few months ago, she told me I should be checking in at the VIP Lounge and asked me if I wanted to go in there, and I said no - checking in is checking in - right. Of course, at that time, I didn't know that these were lounges where you could stop in any time and get a drink and snacks and stuff.

The Bellagio has a VIP lounge and an Executive lounge. I get to use the VIP lounge for my September trip. I'm only Platinum. I think it has more to do with the offer. I am using a VIP offer. That's all I know. I've never been in a diamond lounge so can't compare.

3. Grid

Grid VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanx Josie. Whenever I get an offer, it always says to contact VIP services. So maybe I am a VIP? I figured it was like CET where you just flash your card and get some free snacks and stuff. I've just never actually saw one.

4. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I specifically asked where I was to check in when I dealt with the person at the Bellagio. It's too confusing otherwise, they have invited guest lines, VIP lines, VIP lounges, Executive Lounges. I figured I had already missed out using the VIP lounge at the Mirage.

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lounges are nothing like Diamond lounges.

Mandaly Bay has a lounge on the 62nd floor. Seems to be dedicated to VIPs, and somebody said NOIR can stop in there. Only open weekends, from early morning to 8pm. Light breakfast and sandwichs, etc. Small bar.

The VIP checkin at Bellagio is more of a checkin than a lounge you would stop into. You can swing by there and get a drink, soda, cookie most anytime, but not really a lounge.

6. Grid

Grid VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Thats good to know, I just figured that anyone with a Platinum card could get in for free munchies. I went to the MLife booth at Excalibur once to see if I can score free passes to the Sponge Bob motion simulator in their dungeon, I'm an SB fan, but they wouldnt give me any. She did say to check in with someone in their VIP lounge and I said OK (I didnt want them to think I didnt know my way around and was just trying for a free ride) so I walked away. I asked a slot person on the floor where it was, and she looked at me like I was crazy! :Þ

7. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At Excalibur they probably meant the VIP Checkin which is a closed off area behind the MLife booth at the end of the front desk... it is kind of loungy in that there are places to sit down and usually some free stuff like muffins, cookies, coffee and tea.

The only reason I think they would suggest you try there is because the host offices are right there and they probably didn't want to summon over a host to check up on a couple of passes.

8. CaptainJack

CaptainJack Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Excalibur VIP Lounge is located just off the high limit slots area. There are usually two hosts sitting in there doing their host business, there are soft drinks in a mini-fridge. No food that I've seen. It's really just meant as an area where higher end players can reach their hosts. It's not worth stopping in unless you need host assistance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.