1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MGM Terrace Suite

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Bunnypanda, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Bunnypanda

Bunnypanda Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone been comped a terrace suite at MGM? My host is requesting this for us and reading about it, it almost seems too good to be true. I always worry that even though they say it's comped that it won't be at the end. Thank you!

2. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. Bunnypanda

Bunnypanda Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How was it? Did you get it comped?

4. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I've stayed there comped twice. Be aware, that not all of the terraces look like the ones in the picture. On my first stay, my terrace was much smaller than the pictures, no table, no TV, which was just fine for me as I was solo. Second stay it looked just like the pictures. I typically go from Sunday to Wednesday, so haven't been bumped. They do have a very limited number of these - so going during the week is probably the best time to not get bumped.

In fact it was kind of funny, because my second trip I requested the city view penthouse, and when I got there - they had bumped me up to one of the marquis suites. I didn't want that so was willing to be downgraded to a smaller suite, but instead got bumped up to the terrace suite again.

It was nice. Negatives for me (I sound like a suite snob :)). The temps are a little hard to regulate in the suite. It takes you a while to figure out where all of the controls for lights, drapes, etc., because they are everywhere. I personally didn't really care for a 2 level suite. Whatever I was looking for, inevitably was not on the level I was on. Marble staircase. I'm not the most graceful creature on the earth, and I had visions of myself tripping and falling down the stairs and crashing through the window at the bottom. Needless to say I didn't drink much on those trips :). I personally prefer the terrace suites at the Cosmo because I love having the kitchen. The MGM terrace suite does not have a fridge. Here is my trip report from the first trip with pictures.

http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/index.php?threads/tr-6-1-4-mgm-grand-terrace-suite.108023/

Have a great trip and I hope you get the terrace suite!

5. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Penthouse City View suite at MGM is a tough booking because there's only 16 of them. It's easy to get bumped out of because it's a good value, not really overpriced even at rack rate, so I think they have a lot of full price bookings.

6. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't have much to add beyond Josie's review. I would emphasize the part about termperature control, though. I went in the summer and it was impossible to keep the suite cool. But its a great suite for groups and parties

7. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I want to do the terrace suite for NYE, I would pay for it and not even worry about comps, but am worried I would get bumped and it would ruin the trip.

8. Bunnypanda

Bunnypanda Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone, what good reviews! I'll keep my fingers crossed and see what happens! :)