1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MGM Room Comp

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by JulieDee1229, Apr 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JulieDee1229

JulieDee1229 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In the fine print, it says this is for a Petite King Room. Can I book this with myVegas points, and then pay the difference for an upgraded room?

2. Darreningreenwood

Darreningreenwood Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, you can almost always pay for an upgrade. I reserved a room using the MyVegas reward, and the day after I called to finalize the reservation, I got an automated email offering three different levels of upgrades. I could upgrade to a Stay Well Grand King for $17/night, Executive King Suite for $26, or a Tower One-Bedroom suite for $45 a night.

Those rates are on top of the resort fee, which you have to pay no matter what.

Can't decide if I'll do it.

3. dostoy

dostoy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I grabbed the staywell room through the email. Figured for 17$ it was worth checking out.

4. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes and no... make sure you are happy with what you booked, but there is a decent chance they will offer you an upgrade.

5. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used 2 myVegas nights and my mom did 2, so she had 4 nights. They sent an email out to upgrade just one of the nights for 10 bucks. when we got there the nice lady at check in upgraded her for free to a Grand King for all 4 nights. It was quite helpful.

6. JulieDee1229

JulieDee1229 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What if I don't get an email, any chance I can ask for upgrade over the phone when I book? Thanks so much for the replies!

7. Darreningreenwood

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You won't get an upgrade email until after you call. The process is 1)Redeem online to get a redemption code 2) Call the number to talk to a person and reserve a room 3) Get the email 4)Upgrade online (if you want to).

You are not in the reservation system until you call with the redemption code you receive from the game and reserve your date(s). I don't know if they'll let you upgrade on the phone, or if you have to do it after the fact.

8. HallOfPromise

HallOfPromise Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't get an email after I booked my nights. However, from my last visit, I was given the option to simply upgrade upon check-in for a small upcharge. At the same time I also used the $20 trick to get a nice upgrade with the view I wanted (at another resort). If the $20 tip doesn't work I will pay for the small upgrades at check-in.

9. Darreningreenwood

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I kind of figured there would be an offer of an upgrade when I check in. I figure I'll wait an see what they offer me. Or maybe try the $20 trick; it would be close to the same cost, since I'm only there one night.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.