1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MGM June 13-15 (Mon-Tues) part 2 (scavenger hunt for $$)

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Lola, Jun 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lola

Lola Tourist

My Trip Report

Monday
    Called for a large pot of coffee, it arrived in 15 minutes, Buzz and Trixie came over for coffee and Baileys, Oh yeah, I think some time last night on the way home we must have stopped at the store or the cocktail fairy came to visit in the middle of the night cuz there is now 2 new bottles of tequilla and mix along with a bottle of baileys on the table,
    How come I dont remember this adventure?
    its about 10:00 so we decide to skip breakfast and head to the cabana and order food there. We got cabana #6, it has a table, 4 chairs, ceiling fan,misters, fridge full of soda and about a case of water, snak and fruit basket, 4 loungers, 2 floating tubes and lots of towels, a cabana boy and a cocktail waitress. Our cabana is right across from the lazy river. We set up the portable CD player and put on alittle Frank Sinatra to start the morning. Joey, our cabana guy came by and we ordered Bloody Mary's, the breakfast of Champions. Stripped out of our "walking to the pool attire" and took a float down the lazy river.
    Aaaaaaaah, this is the life!!!
    The 21 yr olds arrived about noon looking like....
    well, you remember the first time you went to Vegas and stayed up all night gambling and drinking? Then you know what I mean. They were all in serious need of water replenishment and food. Ordered them food and made them drink water ordered Margarits for us and everyone deemed to be returning to reality.. By now we we have Pink Floyd on the CD. Spent ther rest of the day getting some sun, listening to great music,drinking Marg's and taking the occasional spin on the lazy river.
    I can't tell you, well yes I can, but I dont think you have the time, how great the cabana and the pool area is at the MGM. So worth the $150.00. This is gonna be a, do it everytime thing from now on. Left the cabana about 6:00 burnt and in serious need of a nap!
    Woke up from our nap about 8:00pm, gotta hurry and get ready as Jim the Limo guy is suppose to be here at 9:00pm to take the 21yr olds on a tour of the strip. Met the 21 yr olds in the lobby and soon after Jim pulled up in his limo. Did the intorductions and the great to meet ya;s. Told Jim I heard lots of good things about him on T2V and I hoped a hour with the 21 yr olds would not be too much for him, Jim laughed and said he knew just what to do with them. So off they went, wishing I could have gone too!
    For any of you that are wondering how the scavenger hunt has been going so far, The 21 yr olds told me thay are having a blast getting items on the list and have gone to places they never would have gone if not for the scavenger hunt. As I knew they would the boys dropped the drawers for a butt shot with the Crazy Girls. By the time they finished the Jim's Limo ride the have most of the pictures and about half the goodies on the list. If ya wanna check out the list, see my post "Earn $$" under Strip Hotels.
    So far she has earned about $200.00. Even if she doesnt finish the list we are gonna kick in the rest of the money before we leave as they are staying an extra day and will probably be broke by then.
    We decided to go check out the Fremont Experience downtown, as luck would have it we stumbled into the biggest crowd I have ever seen downtown, we asked what was going on and someone told us that it was the opening night for the new Fremont experience. Man, you couldnt get near a table, the place was packed! we checked out Binions and played some slots, Hit a jackpot for $100.00, my only win. we went back into the crowd to watch the show and all of a sudden we hear all this laughing and our Vegas names being called... OMG, its the 21 yr olds..and they are trashed! All decked out in there Las Vegas finest and totally trashed!.. What can I say? Does "been there done that" about cover it? Bruno slips the boyfriend some taxi money and told him to make sure everyone gets back to hotel.
    We walk around people watching for a while then decide to head back to NY NY, as Bruno and Buzz had some luck there, ate at the deli in NY Ny had an awesome pastrami sandwich and a beer. Checked out the dueling piano's, sooo fun, Put that on your gotta do list! Now, we are not youngens and 2 nights of partying and carrying on has finally caught up with me, and I think my watch is broken cuz it says 4:00 am! No way not again!!
    I need sleep and a couple of advil!

Tuesday
    Wake up call at 10:30 is waaaaay to early.
    Called for coffee, showered and started packing, gonna be sorry to go home..
    Had lots of fun, can't wait for the son to turn 21 so we can do it all over again!

Thanks for listening and for all the pre trip help and comments.
    Love and Luck to you all,
    Lola

2. Mia4071

Mia4071 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lola - Sounds like you guys all had fun. I bet the cabana was nice @ MGM. I seen them the last time & they were busy with ton's of people.

That is so great the 21 yr olds had fun in Vegas. I am telling you, they will always have that trip as their "BEST VEGAS TRIP". When I turned 21 we went to Vegas & I have still yet to top that trip. She will forever remember all the fun she had.

So glad to hear that we got some new Vegas lovers to join the club!

[ June 21, 2004, 10:00 AM: Message edited by: landa4071 ]

3. KathyinNY

KathyinNY Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like it was a blast. Tell me about this scavenger hunt - I didn't quite understand that part of the trip with the 21 year olds. :confused:

4. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kathy--Go read the "Earn $" post in the Strip Hotels forum. Lola & her hubby took their 21 year old daughter & friends to Vegas for her birthday. In order to earn some spending $$ they put together a scavenger hunt--finding or doing things earned different $ amounts. She asked for input on the board so everyone chipped in with great ideas for what the 21-year olds should find & do. [​IMG]

5. KathyinNY

KathyinNY Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL, I just happened to come across that section and read some of it. That was a GREAT idea!

6. Lola

Lola Tourist

Thanks for the assist Hoya!
    Yeah, I thought the scavenger hunt was a pretty good idea but then i got alittle scared that it might be dumb and embarassing for our daughter,
    but then i came to my senses, I decided it was our duty and priviledge as the parents to be dumb and embarassing!
    And as it turned out, they all loved it!

7. doctor_al

doctor_al VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That sounds like a heck of a trip. "Vegas names"? Sending 21 yr olds off in a limo? Segueing from Sinatra to Sid Barrett in the same afternoon? That's a Vegas trip. Right on. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.