1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MGM Grand June - Craps and more Craps

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Bo333, Jul 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd like to see my accountant's face when I tell him to try to deduct those expenses! :haha:

2. chonglosaxon

chonglosaxon MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You should never have to pay tuition in vegas. Its like stabbing fish in a barrel.

Wakeup,Pool, tables, crush,shower, dinner,tables,club,crush a different one, sleep.

Wake........repeat.

3. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Great report! You're like a walking college scholarship fund. You should see if you can get 501(c)(3) status for yourself.

4. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A lot of Craps and lots of pizza.
    Two of my favorites things in life. :thumbsup:

5. GilGunderson

GilGunderson Classy Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report Bo. Love reading your TRs. When i actually use certain dice sets, i've had much better luck then just heaving them at random. I plan on using some of your strategy with hardways next month. I had a thread about steakhouses a few weeks ago, how was your filet at craftsteak in comparison to Tender?

6. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Every filet I get is fairly different from restaurant to restaurant. I can't really say one is better than another, they are all good in their own way. I also tend to get them pepper crusted, which is different in each restaurant. Tender's and Craftsteak's are different, but both are very tasty!

7. Redbirdjen44

Redbirdjen44 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bo, really enjoyed your trip report. I have a couple questions. When you say you 'go across' when you or your buddy are rolling, I take it you mean you either place or buy the 4/5/6/8/9/10??

And that leads me to my next ?, when you say you only need to affect the dice 1% of the time to gain an advantage, I wonder how that math works. With the exception of a win only juice paid on a buy bet, isn't the only bet with the house edge below 1% the placing of the 6 and the 8?? Everything else has a house edge above 1% or better, doesn't it?? I know any odds bet technically has a zero house advantage by itself, but given that it is married to a come/pass/don't come/don't pass, I think there is still a higher than 1% house edge in there, isn't there?

8. TimLion

TimLion High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now that's a sound financial strategy!

Seriously, I don't have much to say about this TR except for: :thumbsup: Keep up the good work!

Santé,
    TL

9. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are correct. But 1% is enough to push it in our favor because of which numbers are influenced. If it were a random 1% (so to speak) and it was only 7 avoidance then pass with max odds would be the best bet, with nothing else played. In our case I know hardways will be thrown about 20% more than they would randomly. Unlike some other dice setters we are also not trying to hit the point necessarily. If we were trying for 6/8 with points we'd be throwing a 3v set, which is a whole different betting strategy. (Best dice setters I've ever seen about 6 years ago threw 3v, it was amazing the amount of 6/8s they threw! - the dice would just gently roll off there fingers, was a thing of beauty.)

And while we usually throw better than 1%, you'd still be correct in that I'd be doing a MUCH better not betting the outside numbers (at least if I could lay off the 4/10). This (among other reasons) is why I could never do this for a living! I love to gamble vs. the smart play.

10. bdanak

bdanak Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You rock!!!!!!

11. duster10

duster10 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    this might be the best trip report i have ever read.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.