1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MGM Garden Arena info needed

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by technolight, Aug 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. technolight

technolight Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Being a sound and lighting engineer by trade I have seen most of the great arenas and concert halls in Europe , but one of the best that has eluded me when I have been to Vegas is the MGM garden arena , mostly because I refused to pay the stupid prices for concerts.

But just found a boxing tournament on sat 15th sept (Alvarez vs Lopez, yeah who) but all I really want to see is the arena , so for $37 inc all fees and taxes, that will do me, I might even stay a while to watch the boxing.

But what you guys could help me with is what are the rules pertaining to the use of cameras inside the arena, as I know that in most shows in vegas it is a big no no.

2. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    at big arenas concerts in the united states the rule usualy is no profersional cameras ,wich means no long lens or detachable lens.even thou its says no camer's and recording devices on the ticket and usualy posted around the venue .thats just standard in america.the only artist i can think of cares about cameras is prince.
    ive worked at most venues in the unites states touring with bands and thats pretty standard.
    i saw kiss i belive at the garden at there where no issues ,hope that helps.

ps if you get a dick who is doing the search on the way in just got to another guy ,it usualy works out

3. technolight

technolight Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks paperposter I will just put a small Nikon in my pocket and hope for the best,I just want a few photos of the arena and soundboard area if I can find it.

4. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    bieng that it is a boxing match there wont be a soundboard as its on the floor of the areana and only there if a band plays.
    honestly its a very old nothing specieal concrete and steel areana.

you might be beter off googling for some pics as its nothing special.

5. technolight

technolight Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Soundboard /control room areas, professional intrigue.

Have googled it but its one of these " been there done that " moments , but I wont buy the T-Shirt.

At least it will be crossed off the bucket list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.