1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Message Board Newbie

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Shane.Decker, Jan 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shane.Decker

Shane.Decker Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am a Vegas vet but new to the message board. Name is Shane. Normally on my trips I am a companion of someone who is doing all the booking and so on but now on my 13th trip I am taking my own group out and hoping everything works out well. Will take any tips anyone has!

2. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Shane - good for you!! Please list specifics on any info desired and some our great vets will chime in with suggestions. Have a great trip!

3. mganut

mganut High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome Shane!

4. dw2121

dw2121 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the Board!!

5. Shane.Decker

Shane.Decker Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the welcome! Guess any tips for someone taking a group of 6 and pretty much acting as a guide. I have always just kind of went and did my own thing but not sure how to entertain a group. Maybe some advice on places to take a group of people, economical shows to catch (what about the half price ticket booths they have on the streets).

We are staying at Planet Hollywood (my personal favorite, stayed at caesars, flamingo, bally's and harrahs previously) so is it worthwhile to get the 24 hour buffet pass?

With so much on the strip would it be more cost effective to rent a car up for one day and do a lot of the off the strip sight seeing or just get a car for the entire trip since the PH has a hertz rental in the hotel.

6. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since you are staying at PH & have a history with CET - you should get some bogo coupons upon check in....one is usually for Jubilee or another mid-range show. Not sure of the age group you will be with or what their interests might be but you may be able to get free tickets online for the car collection at the Quad - if they still have it with the remodel. Last time I checked, you could google Vinnie F (not sure how to spell his name but the comedian) free tickets and print them off. There are so many neat places to site-see around LV - if you could rent a van (to hold 6 people) you could take day trips to the GC, red rock, etc.
    We have traveled with as many as 18 people in our group and it can be a challenge at times but usually big fun. Have a great time!!

7. MikeOPensacola

MikeOPensacola VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome:peace:

Annual Summer Bliss in the Land of Milk and Honey!!!
  8. tucsonkim

tucsonkim Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome! :beer:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.