1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Medical Supplies Delivered To Hotel/Dialysis

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by triplesevens, Jan 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. triplesevens

triplesevens Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just wondering if anyone here has done this? My husband is a peritoneal dialysis patient & will have to have his supplies delivered to our hotel. We are staying at Ballys & I plan on calling ahead to let them know(will be several heavy boxes that contain bags of fluid). Is there a certain number to call & should I ask to speak with anyone in paticular? When we check in do we just tell the person at the reservtion desk that we have packages that need to be bought to our room? Thank you for any help!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  2. CYaInVegas

CYaInVegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My brother was on periteneal so I know how heavy those boxes are. I think I would feel safer if they were on the plane I was on. Call the airline and ask. Do you have a source in case they don't make it? Can the Dr. call a supplier in Vegas? I would be scared shipping them. All kinds of things could happen. The hotel could misplace them etc.

3. triplesevens

triplesevens Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I changed the title, sorry about that. The company that delivers to our home will contact a company in Vegas to deliver the supplies to our hotel. My husband does plan on taking a few extra bags with him on the plane & we will have a contact number for a dialysis center in Vegas should there be any problems.

4. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think I would try contacting a concierge about this. They probably do have a desk where you can claim a package. However, due to the nature of the delivery, I suspect that they will direct you to try and arrange delivery when you are able to accept it yourself.

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Though most hotels have a process to receive and hold packages for guests, things do get lost. These are BIG places.

I think I would talk to a supplier directly and arrange to MEET them in the lobby and receive these items in person. Though it is okay for supplier to find one for you, I might think about calling and finding one personally. I guess I tend to want control.

6. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Deliveries typically will go thru the business center at the hotel and they charge you for accepting and holding the package for you Usually, as long as it's been marked with your name and "hotel guest," they will flag your check in and tell you that you have a package waiting, then will tell you where to go. If they don't go with the plan to tell them that you have packages waiting and where do you go to pick them up.

As was said before though, for something like this, I would try to arrange to personally receive them from the supplier. Probably save you a lot of money by not having the hotel charge you for handing your package over to you either.

7. triplesevens

triplesevens Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you all for your advice. I do agree that meeting with the supplier sounds better, I will be checking into that! Also I didn't even think about the hotel charging a fee for accepting & holding our delivery till we checked in. This is our 1st trip since my husband has been diagnosed & receiving treatments. We are both excited about going, just want to make sure he is taken care of :)

8. VPDana

VPDana Low-Roller

I live in the Midwest, St. Louis, MO to be exact.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    A few years ago, we travelled with a friend who needed his dialysis supplies while in Las Vegas. Arrangements were made for the supplies to be delivered to the hotel, and were waiting for us at the Bell Desk, no charge. BTW, on a subsequent trip with our friend, he then required dialysis at a facility. Arrangements were made through his insurance (I think) to get his treatment at a local clinic in LV. We just dropped him off and picked him up.

9. triplesevens

triplesevens Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is reassuring, Thank you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.