1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Medical/healthcare Issues...US Veterans?

Discussion in 'Living in Sin (City that is)' started by R8erhed, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R8erhed

R8erhed Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't heard great things about the access to high quality healthcare in and around LV so I'm hoping some of you fine folks will chime in with your experiences.

I am retired/disabled vet so I would love to hear from any one familiar with the LV VA. I get access to the civilian side as well so any tips on great doctors in general would be most welcome.

On a related subject....I'm looking for condo/apartments strategically located half way between Nellis AFB and downtown. If I can't make that work I would go for something near the VA hosp at Charleston/Rancho and just long haul Nellis when needed.

Thanks for any pointers

2. vegasbound

vegasbound Moderator

Las Vegas does not have great healthcare. It can be terribly frustrating and down right ridiculous. I have a friend that is treated at the VA at Nellis. He's had far better experiences than I have with a PPO plan.

My husband has been seeing Kimberly Adams for several years and seems to like her. I haven't built a relationship with a GP. I recommend Jerold Boyers for an ENT. Thomas Dunn is a great orthopedic surgeon and I recommend Ronald Hofflander for a general surgeon.

I have a friend that lives in apartments at Losee/Craig, The Reserve. She's been there about six months and likes it. She's single living alone.

3. R8erhed

R8erhed Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well only 1 reply but a good 1, thanks VB

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.