1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Me - dumbsh*it & SWA

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Joe, Jul 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is good news story, but i feel a little stupid.

I take care of all airline travel for my wife and I. I constantly log into my SWA to check airfare prices and see if they went down. She has her own SWA Rapid Rewards account, but never uses it for anything. I set up the account for her just for the credit card bonus and get travel miles.

Today I logged into her account and see she has 60,000+ miles in the account.:banana::banana: I forgot all about the 50,000 miles she got for opening a charge account back in Feb. We used mine, but I forgot about hers.:poke:

Now, we're going somewhere at Christmas time, just don't know where. Don't be shocked if it's Las Vegas.:evillaugh

Christmas
  2. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's like found money!! Woohoo!! Those points would definitely be used for a Vegas trip!!

3. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really wish SWA would do non stops from MSP to LAS. I really hate the idea of a 3:20 flight turning into a 6+ hour flight.

4. jimboguy

jimboguy Blubbery Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know it's not SW, but have you used Sun Country? Being a Minnesota transplant, I had good experiences with them. And they fly nonstop to LAS. Plus they fly out of the smaller terminal.

5. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Milwaukee & Wisconsin-home of too many degenerate gamblers. 3 SWA non-stops per day and another 4 more with stopovers.

I think part of it goes back to Funjet which was founded here in Milwaukee. They ran and still do, multiple flights to Vegas daily as package deals.

Christmas
  6. raraavis

raraavis VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    awesome joe! :thumbsup:

i've got over 50,000 points, and i am really considering a christmas vegas trip for the hell of it but ALONE. well, i mean, i will be hanging with my dad, but i really want to just be solo. besides, i might have wedding stuff to attend to while i'm there anyway. my job closes the week between christmas and new year's, and i don't get paid for the time off. since i'm already losing a week's pay, i always want to do a christmas trip. but airfare is always killer at that time, but with my rapid reward points, i can actually "afford" it. so far, it will cost me about 29,000 points. i wish there were nonstops though. how are hotel rates during the week between christmas and new year's? i would stay with my dad on the actual holidays but would love to stay on the strip by myself for a couple of days.

7. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey wait a sec, raraavis. Upcoming wedding and looking for a solo trip?:evillaugh

I think we the makings of a romantic comedy movie.

Christmas
  8. raraavis

raraavis VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    bwahahaha! :evillaugh well it is primarily a solo trip because i really want to spend some time with my dad without J. it's nice when we all get to spend time together, but i haven't had my dad (or any family member) to myself since we started dating 5 years ago. plus, he wants to spend time with his family for christmas. we never ever see my relatives for the holiday. so i think it's time for me to spend time with my family on the holiday.

oh and i'm not going in october for my dad's wedding like my ticker says. i was going to go, but my dad decided to do a webcast of the wedding since quite a few relatives won't be able to make it. it's going to save us $300 each to not go.

9. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flew Sun Country to Vegas in 2010, and Delta in 2011 & 2012. My trip I already booked for Feb 2013 is going to be on Sun Country again. It is a great airline, absolutely no complaints. On my flight back from Vegas in '10 I had a whole row, 3 seats wide, second from the back to myself. Was awesome, no crossing people to go to the bathroom, no stinky person next to me snoring- just me. Plus I loved the 12 OZ cold can of Coke, and the second one I was given when the first was empty, all no charge. My only complaint is I can check in with Delta using my phone, Sun Country doesn't have that capability yet.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.