1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

McCarren gate C. SWA shortcut.

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by allmine1958, Jul 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allmine1958

allmine1958 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I was leaving Vegas on 108 degree day Monday, I used the outside checkin for SWA. When the guy said Gate C I asked if there was an easier way than the new looooong hall to C.

He said to go in and to the right, up the escalator and a right to gate C. And take the tram. Woohoo. I did and when I got to security, most of it was Gate D, but all the way on the right is 1 lane for C. There was only 1 other person (an employee) going through at the time. E:nworthy: It was awesome, right to the tram, off then at the gate in a second. :beer:

2. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It depends on the gate. I think if you have a high gate #, going left and down the hall is easier. I think that TSA outpost is also more efficient than the rest.

3. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's funny... many people think that's a "shortcut" and I guess in a way it is. Those gates used to be about 50% D and 50% C (it varied slightly depending on volume), then they built the main C gates now, which are great to access C24 and the other high number gates. If you're going to the low # C gates, you're right it is a bit closer to take the old one and jump on the tram.

4. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Short-cut to gate C

Allmine1958, You are so right.... it is a short-cut from the crowds.

I never notice a line which is great. I use the elevator instead of the escalator. I also like to shop at the stores before I go through security.

Last time I got to Gate 20, and I went to the other side where the lower gate numbers were at and I noticed a great Bagel Place and bought me a bagel with cream cheese. It was excellant.

I plan to keep using that short cut.

5. tapakip

tapakip Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gonna try to use this when I fly out to LV on SWA. Someone mentioned it only being worthwhile if you have a low gate number....not sure how many gates there are but is C20 low or high?

6. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    C20 is high. I think the last gate is in the 20's. BTW, does anyone know which airlines besides SWA uses C? SWA had signs up saying they were using B more.

7. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It goes up to C24, which is very close the the main C Security gates... as you walk it goes down 23, etc. but all the gates are on the right side until you get to like C16 or so and then the lower numbered ones are on the other side of some restaurants. Usually, I'm early so I just wander down, but the tram is a much better deal if you're going to C-1 to 14 or so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.