1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

McCarran morning departure

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by mescalita, May 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mescalita

mescalita Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Normally we take the last departing flight at night, but due to weird circumstances our flight leaves at 8:00 AM next Friday. Anybody had experience with security lines at that time? Trying to squeeze in as many Vegas minutes as possible and don't want to spend too much time in the airport....Thanks in advance for any tips!

2. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually take the first morning flight out and have never had a problem with the security lines. Friday morning, I imagine, will be even shorter lines

3. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always fly out in the AM and usually before 8 am..I allow 30 minutes for taxi and 30 minutes for bag check-in and then 30 minutes for security...There usually is a delay somewhere and faster elsewhere but I take no chances nowadays..

My last flight home was a Tuesday in April -7:35 depart and security was just about a 30 minute slowwww line..and as I glanced behind me it looked a lot longer for the newcomers...All said and done I had an easy 30 minutes to kill at the gate before boarding at around 7:10 (Southwest)
    Hope that helps a bit,but bottom line get there early and expect the worst...My vegas minutes end the minute I shut the hotel room door behind me on the way downstairs...Sucks

4. marcianofan

marcianofan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "..My vegas minutes end the minute I shut the hotel room door behind me on the way downstairs...Sucks"
    I agree some.I might leave a little earlier than most for the airport but that's only because I'll try to drive down the strip one last time, then the trip officially ends.:cry:My flight leaving Vegas in 2 weeks leaves at 7:am , which is very different for me, so I appreciate this question being asked and the answers !!

5. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here is my advice about a morning departure from Terminal C. Corcoran's Irish Pub opens at 6:30 AM. They are near gate C-1.:beer::beer:

Christmas
  6. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm flying out next Friday too but late in the afternoon. But last year we had a Friday morning flight out, it's nothing like a Sunday that's for sure. Long lines curbside at Southwest but they move quick.

7. mescalita

mescalita Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :nworthy:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.