1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MB, Dollar CTI Code, Presidential Limo

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by JulieG, Aug 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JulieG

JulieG Tourist

My Trip Report

Just wanted to say thanks for all the tips. Just got back from an awesome trip.

Trip was from August 16-20. It was my husband and my 2nd Anniversary. We got married in Vegas. Flew Transmeridian Air. Upgraded to first class. Flight was great no problems.

Booked Presidential Limo to pick us up at the airport. Had Jim as our driver. Excellent experience. Was met at the airport, given a bottle a champagne and tour of the strip from the Mirage to the Mandalay Bay.

Check in was quick and easy at the Mandalay Bay. Was going to try the $20 trick but chickened out... Turns out I didn't even have to try it. While I was checking in the lady took my id and said she would be back in a minute. Came back and I was hinting around that it was our anniversary and she said that she was sure that we would be happy with our room. She had upgraded us at no additional charge without even asking her. I was soo excited I grabbed the $20 in my pocket and immediately handed it to her. She thanked me and off we were... Look at our envelope to see where we were... Turns out she upgraded us to a Penthouse Suite on the 60th Floor. The top 3 floors have their own set of elevators. So we never had to wait. Went up to our room. and all I can say is WOW! It had a wetbar, fridge, living room, excellent view, two bathrooms. Huge bedroom, awesome bathroom with a jacuzzi tub.

Went looking for ice later that night... Couldn't find it so I called room service. Come to find out we didn't have ice on our floor but were informed our Butler would bring to us immediately. How cool was that.... for 109 a night I can't complain.

Pools were a bit crowded but we went to the South Lagoon Pool and never had any troubles.

Rented a car from dollar for two days with a return to the airport. Used the CTI code and it took $15 off a day... Score there! So I paid $23 for two days to rent a car!

Gambled a bit every where... Had the best luck with blackjack in old vegas... Played at Lady Luck and Golden Nugget.

All in all an excellent trip. Now I am spoiled and going to want the penthouse every trip.

If you have any questions feel free to ask!

[ August 23, 2004, 12:22 PM: Message edited by: JulieG ]

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I can find me a woman, I'm going to try that reason for an upgrade to a penthouse suite. I always wanted my own butler [​IMG]

Nice TR Julie [​IMG]

3. doctor_al

doctor_al VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heck of a trip, from the penthouse to ... uh, downtown. ;)

4. Smarra17

Smarra17 Poker Queen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, Penthouse Suite [​IMG] and I thought the Junior one I got at the TI with the lifting TV was cool. Butler well I think I would be a bit embarrassed to ask someone to get me ice but hey why not! I am glad you enjoyed your trip. Downtown is always a great time. I love to play down there and even though I never win anywhere at least downtown I feel like I have a shot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.