1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

May vs october

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by margincall, Nov 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. margincall

margincall Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Couldn't really find the right area to post this.having postponed trip twice due to family emergencies, maybe third time is the charm. Looking at either mid may or early October and just wanted opinions on the better time. Thanks

2. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife prefers the mid-May trip over all other times. Most of our trips the last 10 years we have left on Mother's Day and the weather is nice and it doesn't seem as crowded during the week. Two years ago we went in mid-October and the wife thought it got too cold at night and it seemed busier at that time. I myself don't really care as long as we go.
    Thanks
    Mark

3. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Both day and night the weather will be warmer in May than in October and hotel rates for May are generally going to be higher.

But either way, in your spot I would book for May: you have already cancelled two trips... you don't want to arrange everything for October and then have to cancel again and now you'd be looking at 2015 for your return. By going with May if you have to cancel you still have October. Also, if you go in May and have a real good gambling part of the trip you might be able to afford to go back in October as well.

4. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    may before the end of month when rates jump up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.