1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas May have accidentally violated TOC... is it possible to find out?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by vacationbarbie, Nov 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vacationbarbie

vacationbarbie Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, when I first started playing, I clicked a link from another player that sent me to a smart bonus collector and I used it for a few days before finding out that was a no-no. I read the TOC, but am not sure if i violated them. The smart bonus collector did have an auto-collect feature, but I didn't use that, I clicked each one, one at a time. I no longer use that one, but i'm always wondering in the back of my mind if i am wasting my time playing all these hours (up until my trip in March) only to try to redeem and told "no".

Is it possible to contact someone to find out if your account is "in good standing"? :nworthy:

2. salukidean

salukidean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If your account wasn't in good standing, I don't believe you'd be able to access the game.

3. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. BnV226

BnV226 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wait, i use Gamefeeds to help collect chips, is that not allowed. There is no indication that my account is in jeopardy or violating a TOC? Is that what you are referring to?
    Thanks

5. BlueSkadoo

BlueSkadoo VMB Sweetheart

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You won't be notified, your purchasing rights will just be suspended. Shock is right, the best way to figure out if you are busted is by trying to purchase something and seeing if it lets you do it. After you purchase, you can always get a refund of your LPs.

6. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Automation software, including Game Feeds is not allowed, per Month from Playstudios.
    https://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88020

7. BnV226

BnV226 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info, i hope i didnt waste months of playing....i'll check and redeem, and then return

8. vacationbarbie

vacationbarbie Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for the replies

Ok, I didn't know I could purchase and return. I thought about purchasing, but my trip is more than 90 days away so I didn't want to waste lps. Ok!! Lets go see!

9. vacationbarbie

vacationbarbie Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was able to redeem a reward!!

Ok, I guess I'm safe!! Lesson learned! Thanks everyone!

10. BnV226

BnV226 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, so just to be clear, if I was able to purchase a reward and get a confirmation number, my account should be in good standing?

And if so, how do I return my purchase (I'm not ready to decide what I want)
    Thanks in advance,
    BnV

11. ylp-susie

ylp-susie Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Way back in the beginning of the game, I did something that wasn't allowed. I contacted them when I found out that I was in the wrong, they told me not to worry about it... just let it go. Fast forward a year later, I went to collect a reward for my upcoming trip and up comes the warning... you have violated the TOS.. not in those words. It took 3 or 4 days of messaging back n forth AND they took close to 50K of LP's off of me that they said I should never have got... but they allowed me to keep playing... so I have to be thankful that they didn't just block the account and lose it ALL.

12. BnV226

BnV226 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When you said "collect a reward for my upcoming trip..." Do you mean redeem lps online or redeem purchased rewards at a hotel/restaurant?
    Thanks

13. butterfinger

butterfinger Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What did you do that wasnt allowed?

14. ylp-susie

ylp-susie Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I attempted to redeem online... it popped up with a warning and I had to contact support due to TOS.

Butterfinger, I had set up a separate FB account for playing the game, as was suggested to me on some of the MyVegas groups. I redeemed for one show ticket under the fake name. Then FB shut that account down. I started playing under my real name then.. and when I went to collect, of course it said that my MLife card was tied to another account... one that at that point, didn't exist.

After talking to someone on the phone, they told me that they "fixed" it for me and to just go ahead and use the show ticket from the first account... but to be sure going forward to only use my real name.
    So I did...

Fast forward a yr or so later, I'm ready to start getting rewards for a January trip and they wouldn't allow it, stating that I went against the TOS by representing myself as more than one person.
    Didn't matter that I TRIED to have it fixed over a year ago.. it is what it is... as they say.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.