1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

May 7 - May 10 at Aria

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by aaronw915, May 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aaronw915

aaronw915 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

The wife and I headed out to Vegas for the 2nd time in 3 weeks and stayed at the Aria for the first time. We really enjoyed the Aria and will probably make it home base from now on. I didn't gamble as much as I did the previous time but still made up for it with great dinners and getting in some much needed relaxation and drinking by the pool.

Below is a link with a bit more details of places we traveled and ate.
    Hoover Dam
    Valley of Fire
    China Poblano
    Lawrys
    Scarpetta

This is my first trip report as well as blog entry. It was fun writing and remembering the fun in Vegas. The link below has quite a few pictures but is not heavy on the gambling. Hope you enjoy.

Thanks

http://gorilla1016.blogspot.com/2014/05/vegas-may-7-10.html

2. sam

sam Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoyed your trip report and blog. Pictures were great. It seems like you both had an enjoyable trip. Many good meals and some great gambling. I always like to read about the way others spend their days in Las Vegas. We are heading there in a few weeks and look forward to it.

3. aaronw915

aaronw915 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the kind reply Sam.

We enjoy renting a car and getting away from the strip for a while. We've been to Zion NP, North Rim of the Grand Canyon, and just this year Red Rock, Hoover, and Valley of Fire. Next time we are wanting to go see the traveling stones out in Death Valley.

Hope you have a winning and overall great trip in a few weeks

4. gradytripp

gradytripp Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report! I enjoyed the pictures, too--especially since I'll probably never go to those places...

We're staying at Aria next month--two nights comped and one night 25% off thanks to myVegas. I've been a CET guy the last four trips, but your report and others really makes me think we'll become converts to the west side of the Blvd, at least for hotel stays. What kind of room did you have?

I share your appreciation for the early morning vibe on the Strip. Do you happen to remember what kind of blackjack limits you saw at Aria and/or MC in the morning and/or early afternoon hours? I can't do much more than $15, and only play 3/2. I'd heard that MC is generally good for lower(ish) limits with good conditions.

Thanks again!

5. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoyed your report...thanks for posting!

6. aaronw915

aaronw915 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had the standard deluxe room. I got a good offer and cancelled the Monaco Suite I had booked at the Monte Carlo. It was a perfect size for us and we got it for less than the Suite. We had stayed at the MC for the last 4 times and we felt kind of bad for staying right next to it but she wants to stay there the next time as well. I have not been able to find one thing that I disliked besides a personal preference that I liked firmer pillows and beds than they have.

I was there when Uncork’d was happening, so in the evenings the Aria limits were from $100-$500 on the main floor. In the mornings there were $25 limits. All 3/2 6 deck shoe, no auto shuffler, at least where I was sitting.

If you’re looking for $15 then MC is where you want to go. All 3/2 with great rules and most have shoes but a few have auto shufflers. They have a few 6/5 clown tables and I know one is down near the place where there is a dancer but it’s a $10 table.

Believe it or not I saw Bellagio $15 and $25 as well. Also a $25 non-smoking that I sat at one afternoon but it was an auto shuffler which bruised and battered me until I got back to even.

7. aaronw915

aaronw915 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks sybgal for the kind reply and thanks for reading!

8. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very nice trip report and really great pictures. It sounds like you had a great time! Thanks for sharing it with us.

9. aaronw915

aaronw915 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the nice reply Josie. We had an amazing time and thank you for taking time to read it.

10. wellmel

wellmel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great trip report! I loved the pictures and detailed description of the food you ate. I thought it was hilarious you two brought stuffed monkeys with you.

11. aaronw915

aaronw915 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haha...thanks. I won't tell her you called her gorillas monkeys. :)

I had watched the video you guys took and wanted to get a gopro as well for some videotaping of the hoover dam, valley of fire, and walking the strip but I forgot to.

12. Kryten2x4b

Kryten2x4b Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the report, staying at Aria in Sept and always good to hear positive things about the place.

We visited Riviera on the last trip after Peppermill and I am sure I touched the same bottom as you :ssst:

13. aaronw915

aaronw915 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for reading Kryten. Unless something assclownish happens while you're there you should really enjoy the Aria.

:)

14. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report, thanks for posting it, I love when people include pictures! We tried the Peppermill for the first time in April after 20 something times in Vegas. I had the French toast as well and loved it!!

15. aaronw915

aaronw915 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Peachie. She enjoyed the French toast as well after she got over her initial fear of the portion size :)

16. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really enjoyed your TR and fantastic photos! The text exchange with your wife was very cute. Congrats on exiting Vegas a winner. I had Scarpettis on my list of things to do last week and time somehow got away from me even though I was in Vegas for a week. Hope to get there in July.

17. aaronw915

aaronw915 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for reading Breanna! She gets fired up sometimes and I'm still joking with her about it. Normally she's standing behind me and every time I get some winnings going I just hand her the winnings and she puts them in her purse. I'm pretty sure she thought I was going to be a clown and lose it all without her being there.

If you're going back in July you should definitely try to make Scarpetta's. It's definitely worth it.

18. VegasCandy72

VegasCandy72 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great picturs! Cool report and a nice wine :) Well done :thumbsup:

I think I will go and eat at the Peppermille the pictures of your meals made me hungry...

Thank you for this trip report!
    Moni

19. aaronw915

aaronw915 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for reading Candy.

The Peppermill will not let you down. :)

20. The Furry One

The Furry One Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the nice TR, we did VoF last time we were there and loved it. Grats on the nice winning BJ session.

Furry

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.