1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Match Game

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by ClownHo, May 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ClownHo

ClownHo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just learned yesterday that Canada currently has its own versions of Match Game. The English version is very similar to the 1990 U.S. version.

Do people enjoy this show?

There's a good reason MG hasn't worked in the U.S. since 1981. I would have thought things were similar in Canada. Perhaps I'm wrong.

2. AndyAkeko

AndyAkeko Time magazine's 2006 Person of the Year

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's not as bad as I thought it was going to be, certainly not as bad as the last U.S. version. It airs on the Comedy Network so most of the panelists are stand-ups (the two regulars, Debra DiGiovanni and Sean Cullen both appeared on NBC's Last Comic Standing). They did a contestant casting call recently so it looks like it's making enough money to be renewed for another season.

3. ClownHo

ClownHo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    there are quite a few episodes, if not all, on youtube.

i have only watched one, so i can't properly critique it yet.

i sampled the start of a bunch of episodes to see who the panelists were. other than an occasional caroline rhea or susie essman appearance in chair 1, none of those names mean a thing to me. i assumed they're all canadian talents, and that seemed to hold true in wikipedia checks, although nothing in susie essman's bio suggested she had any significant tie to canada, so that confused me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.