1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

March madness min bet question

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by Briny, Feb 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Briny

Briny Tourist

Will most books on the strip during Marach Madness have min. bet of $5? I only ask because I know wife will want to place many bets also and she likes to do the parleys (I stay away from more than anything than 3 team). Also, if getting there on wednesday before would you suggest placing a bulk of bets nite before the action starts to avoid lines?

2. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends on the book. On the strip, the minimum will range somewhere between five and ten bucks. As for the lines, they are not terrible Thursday morning, but they tend to get longer by the lunchtime games. Its once you have to start competing with people only waiting in line to cash tickets that the lines can get long. Won't hurt to place the bets Wednesday night, though.

3. Coolcanuck79

Coolcanuck79 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $5 is fine at most books. Just don't wait until close to game time with 10+ $5 bets, a riot might ensue.

4. Sinatraatthesands

Sinatraatthesands Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A couple years ago I was at Ceasers and it was AT least an hour wait to get to the window before tip off of the first games. We had to run across the street to Bills to put our bets in. I would put them in the night before. Plus the lines are jumping all over the place with all the action. You can usually place $5 parlays most places. Most places it's $10 for a straight bet.

5. Bookem Dano

Bookem Dano Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you know your wagers the night before, absolutely place them then. That way you know they are in and you can relax in the a.m.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.