1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

March Madness 2015

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by Roccoscollar, Dec 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roccoscollar

Roccoscollar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Too early?? I'm jonsing and probably should focus on work but I need a trip to Vegas and March seems so far away.

2. nsideirish

nsideirish Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be there (fourth annual MM with the boys). I am getting the itch badly too. 3 and a half months seems so far.

If you are not already a member of the group, I highly suggest you join the MMLV facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/mmilv/). It is an absolute wealth of information and is very active.

3. Da_Nit

Da_Nit Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    March Madness is awesome as a guy who loves hitting up the book and playing poker. With so many people in town it's probably the best weekend for poker all year as well. Only issue is it's nuts. Not only do you have MM but it's also the heart of spring break. Room prices are jacked up, no seats in the book, crazy mins in the pit and long lines for everything.

I'm contemplating this year trying to make it for Conference Chsmpionship weekend. You have way more games to degen on and way less of everything else.

Just something I'm considering, MM opening weekend is still the nuts.

4. keysersoze

keysersoze MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Get a host and that whole list will become a complete non issue. Room comped, seat reserved in book, lines disappear.

Have fun

5. Da_Nit

Da_Nit Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wish, I'm a degen but not the type Vegas likes, if Vegas was full of guys like me they'd go broke. I start the morning running about $20 through a bartop VP to get my "free drink" of caffeine and vitamin c infusions. Take my coffee over to the sports book, have a cig and start checking my games for the day, get on my phone and start shopping lines. Place my bets at a few places all straight bets total of $500-$1000 day total. I don't kill it at the book but never lost money on a trip. Get something to eat and hit the poker room to play tight low limit NL poker for about 10-12 hours while watching my games on tv. I'll sprinkle in a few quick meals and maybe move poker rooms if I don't like the games. Will also do some promo whore chasing things like ACG coupons. When it's usually late after 2am I'll finish up last poker session and wrap it up with a few adult beverages at the poker table. Head back to my hotel home base run about $40-$60 through bartop VP and almost getting my money's worth in free drinks. At this point a little buzzed and late into the night I'll wander to a craps table lay down $100-$200 and play min pass and come bets with 3-5 times odds and press if it gets hot. Night cap back at the bar running another $20 through VP. Go to bed rinse and repeat.

I probably keep the machine running in Vegas but even without comps I likely a losing proposition for them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.