1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

March 2017? Why so expensive??

Discussion in 'Off-Strip Hotels' started by Elly, Jul 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The OP was/is a new member with only 2 posts so maybe she/he just wanted to come here to complain about the high prices. That post in July was that person's most recent post so not likely she/he reads or comments on this board very much.

But I also agree with others, since it was about 8 months out the hotels may be keeping the prices high hoping that people (suckers) will book at the high rates. It is even worse when there are events like march madness or conexpo going on at that time. I vacationed during march madness and I didn't like the crowds and the higher prices for rooms, cars and air.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Danielle

Danielle Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If they know that they have a lot of people who want to stay with them, then they will start to up the prices. This doesn't shock me, especially on the weekends.

3. nhanna45

nhanna45 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nascar race the weekend of the 10th. Ill be there!!!

4. TrixieM

TrixieM Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree it's probably March Madness. We seem to go around that same time each year and always end up at The Orleans if we're arriving on a Friday or Saturday night. While we rarely seem to have an issue getting a room there, it's always pricier during that time, and VERY crowded because of the events. I've given up on trying to work Vegas trips around all of the major conventions and events hoping to avoid the crowds and score a great rate, though there are certain events I absolutely refuse to be within a 1000 mile radius. While I don't like crowds, I'm glad Vegas is getting the business and appearing to come back from the economic death spiral of recent years. (And it's still way less expensive than a week in Disney World!)

5. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So true. I'm there in March, but I go in on 3/1 and am out on 3/6 so I'll miss everything, by design. I've gotten caught in Vegas during NASCAR before - if you're not into that sort of vibe (which I'm not) it's a whoa Nelly.

I too try to schedule trips around the traditional "Vegas" events or huge conventions if at all possible. There's enough to navigate through on the strip without having to try to get around with CES or March Madness going on. Having to fight to get a seat at a bar or a table in a resto is not my thing, even in Vegas.

6. xothan

xothan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone know what dates this March Madness is scheduled to be? Google, amazingly, can't seem to find the answer, or I am searching completely wrong! I am planning a March trip and want to avoid those dates.

7. TriggerMN

TriggerMN The Norwegian Hammer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    March 16-19, 2017 will be the first weekend of the tournament and the busiest times.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. greekjim

greekjim King Gyro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    March 15th, people usually get into town for MM

• Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.