1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mandarin Bar

Discussion in 'Vegas After Dark' started by Aces and Eights, Aug 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was wondering what others thought of the Mandarin Bar at Mandarin Oriental. It's on the 23rd floor and has terrific views of the strip in both directions. I went there once and love the atmosphere, but it was rather dead with hardly anyone there. This was on a Thursday night at around 9:00 to 10:00 in late October. As I recall the music was at a low volume.

2. gradytripp

gradytripp Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I keep meaning to check it out. I've heard the view, the drinks, and the atmosphere are great. I'll have to bump it up the to-do list for my next trip. Honestly, I wish there were a few more quiet places with music at a low volume on the strip. Every once in awhile, it's nice to be able to have a conversation.

3. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Next time you go, tell us about it in your TR.

4. Riders

Riders High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been a couple times but the last time was just ok. Very dead and not a lot of traffic. I am sure that might be others cup of tea. I would rather be at the foundation room for the outside view or the chandelier bar for the inside view.

5. RPMCanes

RPMCanes High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very quaint little place. Love the view and the vibe.

6. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love the view and vibe there. I much prefer the view from there, as opposed to Mix or the Strat or Voodoo. It feels like you are removed from, yet still part of the whole Strip.

My husband I went there once for a drink at sunset and ended up staying for several drinks. We had a nice 2 seater table by the window.

The 2nd time I went by myself and sat at the bar. I was pretty drunk and am shocked I even made it up there since it is quite involved to get up there (and I had walked from the Monte Carlo). That night there was a singer with a small band. Very Sade-esque. I vaguely remember talking to some random guy at the bar and talked to the singer as well, I like their martini the "Eastern Drop" the best.

Unless I was in Vegas with someone that hadn't been before, I probably wouldn't go again. After you've been there a few times, it's not really special anymore. Plus there are so many other places to try.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.