1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mandalay Bay Dinner Buffet

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by hokdo, Feb 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hokdo

hokdo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just curious on everyone's recent thoughts on the Mandalay Bay buffet. We actually had our wedding reception there and it was pretty good, but that was 10 years ago. I can get it for free or I can get get the Aria or MGM Grand buffets for free. I had Aria last year and for a swanky hotel I was not impressed with the buffet, not when compared to the Bellagio. TIA.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  2. AndyAkeko

AndyAkeko Time magazine's 2006 Person of the Year

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are about half as many offerings as you would remember from ten years ago. You do get unlimited beer, but that beer is Bud Light. It's not that the buffet is gross or anything, but it used to be the most underrated buffet on the strip, and now it's just... there. Still the best option on the south part of the strip, but pretty much by default.

3. IM ALL IN

IM ALL IN Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unlimited beer? I've stayed there since it opened and I did not know this. I like the oxtails.

$1000 Buy In tagged along with Work Convention
  4. BadKarma

BadKarma Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The unlimited beer was changed early last year. It's now an additional $7.99, but they've added better choices.
    Dinner buffet at Mandalay Bay is good, not great. Served on smaller plates with lots of chefs prepping replacement meals in the back on a constant basis.
    IMO the dinner buffet at MGM is pretty good. Many choices (too many it seems), fresh food, and tasty options.

5. Kevke

Kevke Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dinner / Brunch buffet in mandalay bay was " Good " but it was nothing special in any way.

6. IM ALL IN

IM ALL IN Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, it's not special. I stay there 8 to 10 times a year. Buffet maybe once for dinner? I chow on breaky mostly. If I have people in I take them to The Veranda at Four Seasons...little bit better breaky buffet.

$1000 Buy In tagged along with Work Convention
  7. Fligster

Fligster High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just had brunch there today, was not impressed. I had aria the other day and really liked it.

15th Anniversary Trip
    Pink17 ITSM Conference
  8. vsop

vsop Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to the MB, MGM and Aria buffets...if you did not like Aria's, you might be disappointed with MB.....though, the braised oxtails and planko crusted salmon were pretty good at MB....I prefer Aria's buffet for the overall variety/quality and setting...I would rate MGM a distant third...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.