1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mandalay Bay dinner buffet, experience

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by dianebec, Jan 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dianebec

dianebec Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    has anyone eaten at the Mandalay Bay dinner buffet and can you tell me if it's worth the money? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank You

2. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoyed it. We ate there on a bogo comp from my Wife's Mlife rewards. I think reg. price is twenty something and some change.

The buffet is not that large compared to others but it had the staples: prime rib, crab legs, Asian dishes, Italian dishes, the usual. All the offerings were quite good.

The ambiance in the restaurant is nice and relaxed, dim lighting, and relatively quiet. The service was o.k., the usual understaffed waiters/waitresses running around and forgetting to re-fill your drinks until you flag them down for the 3rd time.

Is it worth the money? Well, we must remember that the $3.99 buffets on the Strip are long gone. I would say yes, even without the bogo. With the bogo it's a great deal.

Going to Hawaii's 9th Island!!
    Going to Hawaii's 9th island!!
  3. Hyperfocal

Hyperfocal High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At lunch it is an OK value, dinner is overpriced. There is little difference between lunch and dinner, but it is $11 more.

They bump up the dinner price because alcohol was included. Bud Light or some cheap wine you have to get yourself. I would rather have a lower price and the option to buy the drinks you want.

The food was OK, but nothing was really memorable. Lots of buffet standards.

IMHO, it isn't a destination buffet, just a place to feed gamblers and conventioneers in volume. If you're at MB and want a buffet, it's handy, otherwise...

4. garfan

garfan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went last april, but had free myvegas reward for the buffet for free
    don't think I would ever pay full price
    its not very big, but I found the quality okay, but then again I wasn't paying,

5. Krh2o

Krh2o MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is my Fav Vegas Buffet. I haven't been to Wicked Spoon or Caesars new buffet however. The staff is always nice. They have the pasta station which is nice. Prime Rib is some of the best I e had at a buffet. They will even grill it off for you. Only draw back is you have to get your own Bud Light but it's not that big of a deal. Beats waiting for your server for another beer.

6. dianebec

dianebec Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thank you for your comments

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.