1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mandalay Bay $100 Food Credit-Applicable to Four Seasons?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by iamsomedude, Nov 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iamsomedude

iamsomedude Low-Roller

A place that is not Las Vegas, but I wish it was.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked a hotel at Mandalay Bay online using the "Book Early and Receive $100 Food and Beverage Credit" promotion listed here: http://www.mandalaybay.com/accommodations/promotions/.

For anyone that's used this promotion, were you able to use the food credit towards any restaurant in the Four Seasons located within Mandalay Bay, like Veranda or Charlie Palmer Steak? I'm interested in using the credit towards those two restaurants, but I've gotten wishy-washy answers from hotel reservations ranging from "Yes, you can use it, since it's located within the Mandalay Bay" to "No, Four Seasons is only leasing from Mandalay Bay, so you can't" to "Maybe, but you'd have to check with the concierge when you check in". I'd like to know before I go on the trip because not being able to use that credit towards Four Seasons restaurants would really throw off my plans. If anyone has any insight on this, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

2. symbols

symbols Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure about this specific promotion; however, general rule of thumb is if you can charge the bill back to your room you're good to go.

Call your restaurant of choice's reservation line and ask if they will allow you to charge your meal back to your room.

3. pressitagain

pressitagain Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Each time that we have been given a food and beverage credit, we have been warned not to use it, at FS restaurants by the front desk.

They usually give you a card upon check in, it outlines the specific restaurants that the credit can be used at.

4. Gator5220

Gator5220 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  5. 2tweetz

2tweetz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting question. Generally per Symbols above, if you can charge to your room, you can use it, since that's how you use the food/resort credit. One odd thing. Last month we charged a dinner at Mix back to the room and were told generally we can't do that but they "made an exception".. We were told that if the restaurant is not owned by MB could not use it... We ended up eating at many different restaurants, including Aerole, Foundation Room, Mix, Raffles, Burger Bar and were able to charge all back to the room...Good thing, we had one $250 resort credit to use at MB and one $200 food/resort credit at Delano.

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are their two "Charlie Palmers" there? One is in MB and the other at Four Seasons?

Meanwhile, during a stay at MB, I would assume you would beat a few meals onsite, yes? If so, then use the $100 where you KNOW it will be covered.

7. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last trip we had 200 RC and used part at Veandah at 4 Seasons never have had an issue using F&B or RC at 4 Seasons.

Cosmo Christmas
  8. iamsomedude

iamsomedude Low-Roller

A place that is not Las Vegas, but I wish it was.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the responses. I'll plan on eating at Veranda and Charlie Palmer Steak, but I'll have Aureole as my backup just in case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.