1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mandalay Bay 10/19-10/24...

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by VegasVet, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasVet

VegasVet Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Trip Report – The Abridged Version 10/19 – 10/24

Air Transport: SouthWest…Minor delay on departure out of PVD & LAS, smooth sailing after that…Direct Non-stop flights…Both flights fully booked.

Hotel: Mandalay Bay…â€Greatâ€Room on 34th floor overlooking pool, non-smoking king as requested. Hotel clean through out.

Check-In/Out took no more than 5 minutes…Staff was most courteous and helpful our entire stay.

Pool: Truly one of the best in Vegas…Never had a problem finding a spot and the drink service was great.

Had 5 nights Full RFB…gotta love it.

Dining:

Bayside Buffet @ MB – Very good for Breakfast , Lunch, & Dinner

Raffles @ MB – OK, large portions not a lot of flavor

Noodle Shop @ MB – Good food & fast service

Verandah @ 4 Seasons/MB – Very good breakfast in a nice setting

Rum Jungle @ MB – Very good food & service…cool bar

HOB @ MB – Great breakfast…Breakfast sandwich is kick-ass yummy

Enoteco San Marco @ Venetian – Excellent food, vino and service

Spice Market Buffet @ Planet Ho – Not very good…I have eaten there before and it was pretty good…Not this trip, We went at 5pm they open at 4…lots of items were already dried out on the stations…Will not eat there again.

Brand Steakhouse @ MC – Good not great…I preferred Blackstones

Shows:

Bette Midler @ Caesars – Very good all around…would recommend

Jersey Boys @ Palazzo – Excellent Show…Highly Recommend

Bobby Slayton @ Hooters – Good solid comedy show…got tickets half price at the giant coke bottle and got VIP entry into the showroom…would recommend, but get the discounted tickets

HOB @ MB had a couple free shows (acoustic & blues) while we where in town…not bad if your in the area and want to rest your feet and damage your liver

Was hoping Lon Bronson would be playing during our stay…maybe next trip…Always recommended

Gaming:
    Played strictly Slots & VP, with no single hits bigger than $500.00. We did get a lot of play for our money, although a few places were tighter than a sheep’s ass, at least not the slutty kind…

All MGM properties with the exception of Luxor (We don’t count CC or go there) gave us a good return and kept us playing. Luxor usually gives us a good time gaming was very unfriendly this trip. All around good drink service everywhere

Caesars - (the only HET property we hit) was horrible…Not even any play to keep you interested. Drink service sucked too.

Venetian / Palazzo – Had a lot of fun and a lot of play with a good return. Drink service kept us wet.

Hooters – Ok gaming and drink service…good country bar

Taxi Service: Good all around, with most drivers to busy chatting on their cells to engage you in any sort of conversation…Our 1st driver from LAS to MB, when asked how her day was going, immediately began bitching about how she received no tips at all that day, and continued to complain the entire ride to the hotel…Not what we wanted to listen to while on vacation. When we arrived at the hotel I told her as much and gave here a dollar tip. I feel sorry now that her next fare must have had an even more unpleasant ride. My best advice to the cabbies is be polite, smile a little, don’t try and take advantage our your customers and you’ll be swimming in “tax free†tips.

In Summation:

All around good trip…No major complaints. Town seemed pretty busy even in this dismal economic situation we find ourselves in. I cant wait to see City Center / Fontaine Bleau / Echelon / Cosmopolitan when they get them all up and running. Although we didn’t have any big hits gamig this trip, we did have any overall good time with some good food, good drink, and good service. We will definitely be back, our next stay will more than likely be the “Bâ€

2. gotavegasjones

gotavegasjones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for posting your TR.

later, GVJ

3. texas_aggie_girl_93

texas_aggie_girl_93 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice TR. Thanks for the reminder about Rum Jungle, I keep forgetting about that place. :licklips:

We're going to see Bette in December. Not really looking forward to it, but keep hearing wonderful things about the show. Maybe it won't be so dreadful after all.

4. VegasVet

VegasVet Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ms. M...

Aggie Girl, The show was really good, she covers all the songs you would expect...The band is tight...I did think the Deloris Del Lago (Mermaid) bit was a little long.

5. Jack21

Jack21 Guest

VegasVet, I'd be curious to know your level of play prior to this trip for the full MB RFB comp. Back when it was my home base they still wanted close to $200/bet x four hours. I suspect it may have lowered a bit.

Also, is Red Square still there? I would imagine that it would be party central there tomarrow night :vomit:

6. ez369

ez369 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Red Square is stil alive and kicking at Mandalay!

7. IllMarty

IllMarty Orangutan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice TR. Lots of good info!

:cry: :vomit: :grrr:

8. VegasVet

VegasVet Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jack21....

We just played slots & VP with a $400 per day out of pocket budget each. One day I hit for $500 on my 1st $20.00 and played that up and down all day with some leftover. Wife did that twice, so we came in well under budget for the trip. Thats our norm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.