1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Man v Moles

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by arukc, May 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arukc

arukc Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In between Vegas trips, which don't come fast enough, I try to find stuff to keep me busy. Practicing Video poker, practicing blackjack while almost blackout drunk, and practicing getting blackout drunk are right up there on the list. Lately I've spent a lot of time trying to kill the moles, or voles, or whatever the critters are that are living in my landscaping an under my sidewalk. Poison didn't work, filling in the holes didn't work, dynamite sticks (think Bill Murray in Caddyshack) didn't even work. So anyone had any luck with getting rid of these bastards?

2. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. merlin

merlin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try castor oil, it comes in a hose end bottle, you spray it on and they might leave(it apparently irritates them).

4. atcmurph

atcmurph Watcher Of The Skies

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had voles years ago. They are the ones that just make holes. Moles will have the hills. Voles, as I understand, eat the grubs underground, thereby killing the grass roots and leaving dead grass trails in the lawn. At any rate, I researched home remedies for killing then. Among these were putting ex-lax down the holes (makes them..err..uncomfortable so they don't want to come back) or bubble gum (they can't digest it and die). It's been so long I honestly can't remember how I got rid of them. Google killing voles...there are some interesting ideas out there. I just read one that involves attaching a hose to your car exhaust and putting the other end in the hole.

Good luck with this. those little assholes suck.

5. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our yard guy used a mole trap. He dug a hole, put in the mole trap, covered it with a can, and then put the sod back over the top of it.

Its amazing how much damage one single mole can do.

6. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Used kitty litter.

7. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We use the traps you stick down over the tunnels. [​IMG]

Now we have a cat that loves to hunt. Some mole issues but down the path into the woods and we don't worry too much about those.....

8. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried the cat method. Now my cat just catches them and brings them inside, to release when he's bored with them. :)

We tried several methods, but had a bad year with them and tried the used kitty litter. Now they're gone from our backyard (I don't care about the front). Don't know for sure it was the kitty litter, but it's worth a try if you have any. I scooped the clumps out of the litter box and dropped them into the holes and smashed them back down.

9. Cross

Cross Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I too fought miles a few years ago. Didn't have any luck with traps, smoke bombs or killers. An old farmer told me to try juicy fruit gum (break onto small bits and roll it up into balls) or Ex-Lax. He also told me to make sure to wear gloves when putting them in the holes to mask the human scent. It worked for me and they haven't been back.

10. S'AllGoodMan

S'AllGoodMan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going to try sweenys poison peanut pellets. Our neighbor swears by them and of corse they worked. Now we have all the moles! I'll update if anything happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.