1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Making the best of a business trip

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by ABQJeff, Jun 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ABQJeff

ABQJeff Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was invited out to Vegas for a business conference. Put me up for two nights at Aria. Airfare and one good meal in the deal. Sounds sweet. But I couldn't just let it go at that....

First issue: Two nights? Oh no, that just won't do. I called my account exec for the sponsoring company and lined up a sales meeting on the third day. And dinner that evening. This turns a two night stay into a four night stay. And another nice meal. For the cost of a two hour meeting.

Second Issue: Wife wants to come. I ask their company travel to fly me out SW. My Southwest FF points buy a round trip ticket for her.

So now I have a four night stay at Aria. With the wife. In a standard room. I'm MGM plat, how about a suite Aria? I call and since it's mid-week, it's not a problem. Tower suite - four nights.

Okay, seems like I'm set. But hey, I've got a host at MB. Why not give them a call and see what they can do? So I do and they hook me up with a Exec host at Aria. Sets us up for free play and and asks if I want some food credit. I say, no, not really, I've got most of my food taken care of. And I have a few hundred in express comps. But they aren't taking care of transport from the airport and back. Limo? He laughs and says that Limo's are for comped guests, but considering that I'm not costing him much, he doesn't see why not. Limo confirmation in my email the next hour.

So now I've turned a 1 & 1/2 day, two night stay into a four night stay with an Aria tower suite. Two steak and martini meals picked up by the sponsoring company. Free play and Limo from Mlife. Zero cost for air fare. And no real obligation to Aria for play. Oh, and since it's for business, I don't have to use any of my vacation time to cover my time off.

Yes, I'm bragging. To quote Randy Newman: My Life Is Good!

2. MangoPort

MangoPort Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This sounds fantastic! It's great when things just work out like that.

3. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am happy for you...

Jeff, that is how to make great plans. You found ways to work it out. Great!

The only problem I see..... is.... watch out for your wife wanting to go shopping at the expensive stores. Send her to the South & North Outlet stores to spend her days while you are busy.lol.

4. worldtraveler661

worldtraveler661 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    haha that worked out great. have fun.

I'm doing the same in November for a convention. Company pays for 8 nights at Elara and all food, etc all week. Only thing is, its my company and it doesnt seem like a freebie. Feels like I'm ripping myself off. haha.

5. ABQJeff

ABQJeff Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks all. Sorry not to respond, but I've been working my butt off so I can enjoy this. That's not a complaint by any means, I just like to have everything wrapped up before a Vegas trip.
    We still have to pack, and I see it's going to be quite hot next week. I hope they aren't expecting me to show up in a suit!

6. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do the damng thing Jeff....

I use to goto a conference for a week in Vegas.. Comped room at any hotel really, and free meals which was 60 bucks a day... not a bad way especially if you plan it out correctly...

Good job man ! and enjoy !

7. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:

Lol! You made me chuckle on this. However, it's your company and you work hard at it, so have fun and enjoy your trip. You're not ripping yourself off, you earned it. Good Luck!:wave:

Going to Hawaii's 9th Island!!
    Going to Hawaii's 9th island!!
  8. Vegas Name Ron Mexico

Vegas Name Ron Mexico Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Are you hiring?? :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.