1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Making reservation for someone else

Discussion in 'Comps' started by joehypnosis, Jul 12, 2016.

1. joehypnosis

joehypnosis Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dear Group:

I was just trying to make a reservation online through mlife for my brother. He's coming over from AZ to meet us in Vegas for a couple days of our trip later this month, and we'd like to get his room. There doesn't really seem to be a way to do this on the reservation site? Surely others here have done this? Am I missing something??? Thanks for your help, as always!
    --Joe

2. Kolmeseiska

Kolmeseiska Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you planning on making a reservation that's a comp or a paid rate? If it's the latter I believe you can just make a reservation to yourself and add your brother's name to the room and he can proceed to check in but not 100% sure on that. I also believe they have some sort of rate for "friends and family" that you can book by calling them.

3. joehypnosis

joehypnosis Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, it's not a comp. How did my posting get moved under Comps category???!

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mlife is set up to make reservations for the member, not for someone else.

If you are just getting a room at the normal rate, then do not log in. Just make a normal reservation.

5. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have done this myself and the best way to do it is to just call and make the reservation over the phone.

6. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You said you were booking the reservation through mLife. The mLife site is used for booking comps and discounted rates.

If you are booking with the hotel directly, that's a different story and you shouldn't have any trouble booking the room under your brother's name, though they will want to see the credit card used to hold the reservation at check-in.