1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MAJOR problem - extreme stunt to extend trip

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by bigmoneyvic, Jun 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigmoneyvic

bigmoneyvic Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Names have been Changed to Protect the Innocent as well there may be some issues with the validity of the whole story, but its close.

Ok my wife "Kristen" and I are going to Vegas. Awesome. However se always brings me bad luck........

The major problem is my buddy "Phil" is coming in town the day we leave. My wife hates Phil, and prohibits me from hanging out with him. Bad influence, wrecked my wifes best friends marriage, gets me in trouble, etc. So she doesnt even know hes coming in town. We are set to fly out at 6am. So brainstorming ways to extend my trip.

Here is what I have come up with: We never eat at Buffets. So I plan on taking my wife to a very "questionable" buffet. CC comes to mind. I am going to gorge myself likes theres no tomorrow on every food that my wife doesnt touch. Do you see where this is heading? Then after a full night of gambling I am going to drink some spirit of ipecac. :vomit:And voila I have the full blown flu like there is no tomorrow! I wll be too sick to fly, and she will stay on existing flight as she has to get back. I will be well recovered by mid morning and then its on.........This has got to work. Phil has agreed to pay for my flight change fees and I will get a extra day in Vegas.

mission aborted.......she found out phils going to vegas.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2012
  2. basicearth

basicearth Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh what a wicked web we weave .....

3. thespiritoftruth

thespiritoftruth Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :vomit:
    If you can pull this off...impressive
    Worth the morning on the toilet for a few days of debauchery :wink2:

4. Lucky55

Lucky55 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck with that plan! sounds like you are in deep doo doo to me

5. jack1057

jack1057 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    These things always backfired on me. Lot of potential pitfalls here.

6. kitson

kitson VIP Whale

so, besides your wife's best friend, how many other marriages has phil blown up? this sounds like it could add one more to the list.

7. DonD

DonD Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You won't be able to gorge yourself at CC.:nono: It's that bad.

8. Onlyoneoklahoma

Onlyoneoklahoma Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a terrible idea. Honesty sounds. Better to me.

9. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hahahaha, now thats funny. Why don't you just tell your wife You're a grown man and can hang out with whoever you want, and that she's not your mom.

10. Leeza14

Leeza14 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Chalk up one more ruined marriage for Phil. Oh, wait, might have to blame this one on you. :nono:

(but I did laugh)

11. JennJenn

JennJenn Low-Roller

Oh man! I can't wait to read this trip report! When are you going to Vegas? Good luck with this1

12. JillyFromPhilly

JillyFromPhilly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not going to make any moral judgements - but I agree lots could go wrong - what if, for example, your wife decides to stay with you, or doesn't let you off the hook that easy, or insists on taking a later flight [together] on the original day of departure?

Plus you'll be putting yourself through the discomfort of both a bad meal & the unpleasantness of ipicac for something that might not pay off - not to mention, you might wind up feeling so crappy after putting yourself through all that you might not be able to enjoy yourself that much the next day because of what you put your body through to get it.

And if Phil is as much as a good time as I'd imagine he'd have to be in order for you to risk all that just to spend an extra day in town with him, then what are the odds that even if you do pull it off that you'll then be in any shape to fly the day after that, which could possibly then cause the whole scheme to blow up in your face then?

Seems like an awful lot of risk for not that much - if any - potential reward...

13. ABQJeff

ABQJeff Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm with Jilly. Low possibility of success, an extremely high cost for failure.

14. HAWJOHN

HAWJOHN Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is this for real? I cannot imagine a spouse departing and leaving her sick husband back. What a plan/story for your first post. Anyway, welcome.

15. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would rub your eyes so they are red the morning of your flight and claim that you have conjunctivitis (pink eye). You'll need a day or two to clear it up because it's highly contagious and you will be a risk to the other passengers.

Whereupon your wife will likely stay behind with you because she will want to take care of her man. You will have to pay for a few more nights plus rebook your flights, it will run you a grand. Meanwhile, Phil has a great time and texts you every chance he gets.

This Phil must be a piece of work to earn a lifetime ban. Tell us you hang out with him back home without telling your wife?

16. merlin

merlin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You really need to man up and just tell your wife that you are going to spend another night in vegas with your buddy, If she doesn't like it, too bad, and if it could possibly threaten your marriage, then your marriage isn't going to last anyway.

As far as your wifes prohibition on him, the fact you let her get away with that kind of stuff is just plain sad.

17. earth-3

earth-3 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What happens if Phil does get you in trouble? It sounds like your wife feels he already has caused some. What if your wife gets a phone call from hotel security, the police department or a medical facility? There is some exposure here you may never be able to fully plan for or hide from her. Once you loose her trust, well.... you are a bigger gambler than I am. Good luck.

18. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No chance.

19. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

As someone many years removed from partying like you and your running mate, "Phil", I can not condone this act.
    However, back in the days of engaging in similar activities, I see where you're coming from. A drinking buddy and I were constantly scheming plans such as what you have in mind. Some were successful, others backfired and got one or both of us into trouble.
    But, the potential for a good time offset any rationale thinking on our part. Plus, when one's judgment is clouded by alcohol, the fire is fueled further.
    For this to work properly, you need to be somewhat proficient at lying. If you aren't, the scheme will be sniffed out by your wife and the trip back home will be likely be complete silence between the two of you. Trust me on that one.
    If you manage to pull it off, drink plenty of booze that day to help make the guilt go away. I'm pretty sure you'll have a bit and maybe even some regret you're not on the plane with your wife.
    Bottom line, think it over from different perspectives. It may sound good in advance, but when the time comes for pull the plug on the deal cold feet could result.
    Thanks for bringing back old memories for me.

20. auburnu008

auburnu008 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This has to be the worst idea I have ever heard of. How long have you been married?

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.