1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Main Street Station

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by uli_1515, Nov 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uli_1515

uli_1515 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was planning on booking a room at MSS but when I tried to book a suite through the websiteiI couldnt. I sent an e mail requesting my dates and a suite. They told me they were not for the general public and to just book my offer of 3 free nights in a basic room. Then for me to hope on check in I could get lucky with a suite.

Is this normal? Why would they not allow me to pay the rack rate and maybe get it comped off. I am so confused. I guess I'll just book the Jr suite at Golden nugget if MSS doesn't want my money.

2. northerngirl

northerngirl High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On my last trip staying at the California, I asked the desk clerk how much their suites were (thinking ahead for next year when a group of us gals are going). He told me that because the suites were so limited, they held on to them for high rollers, special guests, etc. I am assuming same principal at MSS?

P.s. Two trips ago, I asked my usual question at the Cal "do you have any complimentary upgrades available"? We were upgraded to a junior suite. Obviously, the suite was sitting empty for that time period.

3. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They're holding them for Joe :evillaugh
    No really though, MSS only has like 15 Suites TOTAL (1 per floor), and like was said, they're basically held for Emerald guests or other high rollers..
    Similar thing just happened with us at our home hotel (JANugget in Reno)....the 29th floor only has like 8 rooms, which are all like 2500sq ft "themed" suites...we are "A"players, and still my host wouldn't give me one (even though we were in a 1500sqft jacuzzi suite to begin with)

4. topcard

topcard Here's to $10 3:2 two-deck, $5 Craps, and $5 UTH!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same deal with the Fremont...suites cannot be 'booked' - they are only comped and only for rated players... sadly, I've never been able to get one, but I have asked on several occasions when checking-in.
    I would suggest you do the same at MSS. Book the regular room & ask for any upgrades they may have when you check in.
    If you're not on their 'radar', then yeah - just book with Nugget if getting a suite trumps the 'comp'.

Annual Spring Trip!
  5. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At MSS only a host can book a suite. I assume the same is true at Cal and Fremont. The front desk cannot upgrade you.

And yes, there is only one per floor. They are also used as party rooms for groups staying at the hotel.

6. topcard

topcard Here's to $10 3:2 two-deck, $5 Craps, and $5 UTH!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow. I didn't know that...would've been nice if the girl at Fremont reservations had told me that when I asked about upgrading to a suite when I checked in.
    She just told me to ask for an upgrade when I got to the front desk. :grrr:

Annual Spring Trip!
  7. uli_1515

uli_1515 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ya I have only been into the MSS once and dropped about around $500 in the time I was there. No way am I on their radar.. Sucks because I wanted to check it out. I ended up booking the D suite at the D. Thanks for the responses about the other properties. I ran into that same situation calling them as well. Went with D because last time we stayed at the nugget and we never played there it seemed.

8. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not to disagree, but I got upgraded to a suite at the Fremont at the front desk on one occasion! I guess they must have run out of regular rooms, but I wasn't asking questions. That was a few years ago, however, so maybe things have changed.

9. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just going by what I was told at MSS.

10. zeuph1998

zeuph1998 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was upgraded to a suite at MSS in January of this year. I had booked my standard 2 night offer, and at the front desk was told that they had something "special" for me. This was at 8:00 pm on a Friday night. I'm only a sapphire card so I'm certain it wasn't level of play that got me the room.

Overall the suites are nice, but still not nearly as good as a standard room at Red Rock or M Resort. I didn't ask any questions at the front desk, just took my key and enjoyed 2 nights in a larger than normal room.

Z

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.