1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

M Life - earning tier credits at restaurants

Discussion in 'Comps' started by VivaAZ, Jul 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VivaAZ

VivaAZ Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you have to show your M Life card each time you dine at one of their restaurants to gain tier credits? I typically charge everything to my room and assumed I earned tier credits in doing so. I just want to make sure I haven't been missing out by not showing my card.

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you do not show your card, then how could they know to give you credit? There could be more than one person in the room, for example.

But, I would think that when it is charged to the room, a "sale" has not yet taken place. When you checkout, then the "sale" takes place. After all, you could charge to the room, but then pay for it via Express Comps, or have it comped by host. In that situation, you would not earn tier credits.

Personally, the whole idea of getting any "points" for spending is not worth the time to even think about it. How much would that even be worth? Unless of course you are doing $1,000 dinners - lol!

3. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think if you charge to your room, and your room reservation is linked to your Mlife account, you'll get the points, the timing I'm not sure of.

There was a guy who had had tier credits erroneously deducted from his account; I forget the exact details, but it seemed to imply that you get the tier credits as soon as the charge hits your folio (or possibly overnight). If you later get the charges taken off, they then back out the tier credits.

At 25 TCs per $1 spend, it is a good way to get extra TCs; it could potentially be the difference in going into a different tier, which gets you some hotel perks and potentially accelerated slot points.

4. CinnamintStick

CinnamintStick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like that you get 25 points for every dollar spent. I wish CET did that. I always have them credit my card at the restaurant before paying or charging to my room. If you do not give it to them in advance they do no give you credit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.