1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Lynyrd Skynyrd BBQ

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by DallasDublt, May 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DallasDublt

DallasDublt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were thinking about trying something new this time around. I have seen a couple of professional reviews on here, but haven’t seen a post from anyone who has actually eaten there. So, can anyone tell me what the food is like at Lynyrd Skynyrd BBQ

2. MisplacedTexan

MisplacedTexan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. crussader

crussader Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are from Dallas, you will find better BBQ at home, but it's not bad. They have real brisket, properly cooked. The only problem was they didn't trim the fat properly so I had to have them recut to get my weight (they sell by the 1/4 lb) in meat rather than fat.

They have a couple of house sauces. The regular sauce is decent. Sort of a KC style. Their "bold" sauce; however, is a bit strange.

Not a bad price by Vegas standards either. If I remember correctly I got 1/4lb of brisket and 1/4lb of ham for less than $10.

I can't rave about them, but I would eat there again.

(For the record, I'm from Houston)

4. arkansas grandma

arkansas grandma Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am always leary of trying bbq places after living in Texas for so many years and having our X daughter in law from No Carolina. We are used to really good ones..Heck, we can get good bbqs here as well. For some reason, whenever we travel, especially to someplace like Vegas we want to experience a meal different than we get at home.

5. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As a BBQ eater and cook my entire lifeI think the Van Zandt brothers would roll over in thier graves knowing the Name of Lynyrd Skynyrd was attached to this atrocity of a BBQ joint. Major fail!!!

Cosmo Christmas
  6. crussader

crussader Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually, the biggest travesty is calling pulled pork BBQ. True BBQ is made with cow, not pig.

7. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    AMEN!!! BBQ Pork, like goat and sheep is something from the Carolinas, along with that horrid mustard based sauce they use. :nono:

Cosmo Christmas
  8. MangoPort

MangoPort Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've eaten here. Not great all around in my humble opinion, but wasn't a disaster.

To start the waitress pulled up a chair and sat down with us like she was 'one of the guys'. Don't know why but I found that incredibly campy.

On to the food - we were doing well at the tables so for four of us we ordered 1 of every single side they had available.

Corn bread was okay, cole slaw was meh, and everything else was not good at all.

I had the BBQ beef sandwich. Edible and not bad for value, but being in Vegas I expected something a little more considering how much they've been promoting this place. If I found myself staying in Exclalibur I may go back, but I will never go out of my way for this place.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.