1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Lyft Promotion - Free First Ride For New Customers (Ends 12/31/16)

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by SH0CK, May 21, 2016.

1. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For those looking to give Lyft a try, VMB is an affiliate of their service, so we can pass along this bonus code for signing up to use their services in Las Vegas or anywhere for that matter.

[​IMG]

Free First Ride For New Customers!*
    Code: LYFTAFF
    Expires: December 31, 2016

* Enter code in the app before hailing a ride

The above link will take you to a page on Lyft's website where you can input your cell phone number and it will text you a link to download their app onto your smart phone. Then, just input the code above before hailing a ride.

$5 Off 10 Rides
    It is also been reported that Lyft is giving $5 off 10 rides if you sign up while in Las Vegas. Use the link above to sign up, then then input the code above for your first ride, then it will start using your $5 off rides. I believe you must use the 10 ride offer within 21-30 days after signing up or they will expire.

Please, do NOT post any personal referral codes.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  2. HallOfPromise

HallOfPromise Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This looks like a great offer, especially the $5 off 10 rides. Hopefully that offer will last through June since we plan on a few short rides up and down the Strip. (Please keep us updated on the success on the signup bonus!) Plus, it's pretty cool they are allowing to double up with the code. Nice move, Lyft!

Thanks for the code and the signup bonus tip!!!

3. oldschoolvegas

oldschoolvegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can I get app today and use the $20 off in 2 days?

4. SH0CK

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you sign up for Lyft while still at home, and NOT in Vegas, you won't be able to use the $5 off 10 rides bonus that's been reported as available.

I would download the app now, but wait until you land in Vegas then turn on your phone while still on the plane and complete the signup process then... or do it while waiting on your luggage at baggage claim. That way, you are showing as being in Vegas and will get any bonus offer they have for registering while in Vegas.

5. fudd

fudd Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you use both of these offers? Receive a free ride first and still get the 5.00 off 10 rides?

6. SH0CK

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As long as you are registering for Lyft for the first time, you can.

7. fudd

fudd Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, I will do this!

8. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i signed up for lyft right before i go to vegas and I got $10 off of 5 rides

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. valleyman0505

valleyman0505 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I signed up for Lyft in Vegas on 6/9. The LYFTAFF only gave me a $15 credit. I did not see any sign of the other discounts mentioned.

10. ozmouse

ozmouse Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Arriving in town next week. What is the lates promo code to use? Seems like one above has expired?

11. SH0CK

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry, I forgot to update this thread. It's been extended until August 5. Will probably be good for months to come, but they have to show an "expiration" date, I suppose.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Top Dog

Top Dog Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you use both referral codes and promo codes when signing up?

13. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was disappointed in Lyft when I used it in Vegas this past May. I took a cab to my location and a lyft back and almost both were identical in price ($35ish)

14. Marilynfan

Marilynfan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not sure it really is much cheaper without all these promotions. However, even for the same price I found my Lyft experience far superior than cabs. The vehicles were all really nice and clean, friendly drivers and the best was the no cash thing. Totally worth it to me.

• Like Like x 1
  15. SH0CK

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you follow the steps in the first post, yes.

16. Winner23red

Winner23red Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will definitely be trying Lyft on my upcoming Aug 22 trip if they have the bonus sign-up promo's still in effect.

17. Edserv

Edserv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Finally tried Uber and Lyft last trip a few weeks ago. My daughter downloaded Uber and we accidentally hooked someone else's ride, but it worked out.
    When I tried to download Uber I couldn't get my Paypal to register with it so I downloaded Lyft with no problem. We used Lyft several times. For the most part a great experience. The drivers were very friendly and entertaining, and I liked how they offered to play whatever music we wanted and had chargers ready to go.
    Only downside was one of the drivers didn't seem to know where he was going and ended up dropping us off fairly far from our destination. But he was so nice we didn't mind.
    Pick-up for Lyft did take a while (usually 10-15 min) but this was with heavy traffic on the strip. And we did end-up taking a cab to the airport as we were short on time and our estimated Lyft pick-up was way to long for us. Maybe Uber is faster (since it's larger?) I would definitely use both service going forward over cabs when possible. Way better pricing and service. If you have a large crowd and/or luggage, make sure you opt for the larger vehicle option.

18. hotreds

hotreds VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I still don't quite get Lyft. Uber asks you for your cc info when you sign up. Lyft does not- how then, do you pay for your ride since you don't pay the driver?

A/C in December!?
    Will give them a try!
  19. eaglejohn

eaglejohn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you have to give CC info to Lyft

20. Maxbet

Maxbet Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just returned from Vegas and used the Lyft discount. Used 8 times and each ride was $1.90 plus tip. CC payment set up to account when I signed up. Well worth it.

Game on 2016-2017