1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

LVA Questions

Discussion in 'Coupon Swap' started by James G, Jan 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James G

James G Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is it worth the $37 if I just want the coupon book or can I find these coupons elsewhere (BOGO Buffet coupons for stations)? How long does it take to get the coupon book once you order? I'm going to Vegas in a 5 weeks and I want to make sure it's here in time. Also would you consider the ACG instead or getting both? I normally go with my wife and 2 kids(5 & 9).

Thanks!

James

2. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The LVA coupon book is very much worth the $37, assuming you have transportation to get around town.
    AND ... if you have a car, you can pick up the coupon book right at their office :
    Huntington Press
    3665 Procyon St.
    Las Vegas 89103

About a block north of Twain Ave., directly behind the RIO property.

3. carpejr2

carpejr2 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LVA Question

I ordered my book on Jan 6 and received the book in the mail on the 11th. I was surprised I got it so quickly this year. I like having the coupon book in my hand when we arrive since we usually want to stop and use a few coupons before we even get to our hotel on the strip.

Some of the buffets in Vegas can be pricey and using even a few 2-for-1 coupons can pay for the book.

4. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never tried the LVA, but the ACG is definitely worth getting. You can get one delivered by Amazon in a coup,e of days for about $12. If you use the BOGO for the Flame (up to $25 value) then it's already paid for itself twice over.

5. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Both the ACG and LVA list the coupons on their websites so yu can get an idea of which ones you would be likely to use. I bought both for several years but they had many 2for1 or 50% off solo offers back then. That is no the case anymore and I found it more and more difficult to use them. e.g. stood in line to enter Gold Coast buffet and they sent me to players club for a voucher, waited for 10 minutes or so and back to a large line at the buffet and waited 10 minutes or so again. I felt that it just wasnt worth it. Plus my eating habits have changed over the years and I am doing more sit down dinners and fewer buffets. With a family, the 2 for 1 coupon will be good, and as mentioned if you use a couple of the coupons you will have paid for the books. Many of these coupons are not available in the free magazines. I always figured about a week for my book to be mailed.

Jimbo338

6. OKC Gal

OKC Gal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love the LVA and have paid for the membership for probably 20 years. Yes, I think it is worth it just for the booklet. And their email about weekly hotel deals has given me some great deals on rooms. My only caveat is that I'm usually a solo traveler, and the restaurant coupons are almost all 2 for 1 and most of the restaurants will not let the solo guest use that.

7. James G

James G Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the advice. Sounds like I need to sign up! The ACG doesn't seem to have any coupons I could really take advantage of but the LVA book has tons!

Thanks everyone!

James

8. letsgotovegas

letsgotovegas Low-Roller

I'm not 100% certain of this, but I don't think you can use 2/1's for buffets for those under 21. You'd have to pay "full price" for the kids.

I remember some discussion previously, perhaps on another source.

Might be worth a call to find out for sure.

Cheers,
    Kelly

9. patti6608

patti6608 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello

Wondered if you would be using your 2 for 1 buffet coupon for Green Valley Ranch from your LVA? If not would you be interested in a trade?

10. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Patti if you don't get anyone to trade with you soon, I will. I just renewed my book a few days ago and waiting for it or I would mail it to you now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.