Luxor

Discussion in '$20 Trick Section' started by Sonya, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is the thread to discuss the $20 Trick at Luxor

2. Vegabound

Vegabound Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ok...heading there August... worked like a charm last time at MC... does it work here?

3. gadgetgirlz

gadgetgirlz Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It has worked at the Luxor all 6 times I stayed there.

4. Jer

Jer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had success a few weeks ago. Had the $20 on the counter, and some brief conversation about my sons birthday. She walked away for a minute and a free myvegas room turned into a 2 bedroom suite. Tried to give her the 20, and she told us to put it in play and win.

5. QIKFIX

QIKFIX Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you tell us a bit about the room, or any photos. We have 4 nights booked in September, I'd love an upgrade like this.

Q

6. himay6

himay6 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got a myvegas free room here and I'm going to give it a shot in a few weeks

7. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Recent fail. Handed a twenty over underneath my credit card. The Lobby blobby tossed it out in the open and offered a paid upgrade. Normally $55 a night for a pyramid jacuzzi suite, knocked down to $35. We took it and I wish we hadn't. Stay out of the pyramid. Trust me on this. The Lobby blobby kept the twenty even though she did jack shit for us.

8. dooner

dooner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am 1 for 3 for attempts. Only time it worked was when I was solo and checking in at VIP Line (comped room). Had booked a Tower Room King, asked for a Tower Room Player's Room - she upgraded to the room (see Royal Flusher's previous Trip Report for details). It was a basic Tower Room, no bigger in size, except had a wet bar, improved bed (and bedding) and sound system. Other than that, nothing extra over regular room. In fact, I had to move after 1st night (loud neighbours), and they put me in the other tower with same type of room, except furnishings looked about 20 years older. In the end, gave $10 for upgrade after keys handed to me (no fancy credit card hiding).

9. weegranty

weegranty Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Worked for us in August,i handed over $20 and asked for a free upgrade,had booked for Pyramid Queen,gave us Tower Deluxe Queen room for the full 14 nights.

10. Tnev83

Tnev83 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was on my honeymoon a couple years back (march 2014), decided to try it. Had the 20 ready with card and ID and asked if there were any complimentary upgrades and worked like a charm, Went from a tower deluxe to a tower king suite for our stay.

11. xtrme98

xtrme98 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It has worked for me. Upgraded from regular Deluxe Room to a Pyramid Queen suite. It was my one and only stay at Luxor. The room was dirty. Trash on the floor. We called and told them and also pushed the trash a little more out in the open and each day our sheets were changed and towels refilled but our trash remained. So, while the room got bigger, it wasn't worth it for sure

12. TrueblueAl

TrueblueAl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is it worth trying this for a 10 night stay? im sure i heard before it was very unlikely to get upgrades when staying for a longer time.

Vegas Honeymoon
  13. jcsuperstaruk

jcsuperstaruk Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is it worth doing to $20 trick, when you don't want a room upgrade, you just want a room location. I'm staying at the Luxor, but just want a view of the Strip and to be up high. I've already booked the upgraded room I want...
    If so, does this work at the Luxor still. :D:usa: